THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
September 13, 2021
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)previous engagement, had to leave during Agenda Item 9.
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:04 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance Director Eldredge led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum All Directors were present.
- Public comment GBRA Director Andra Wisian introduced herself.
- Consent Agenda: Director Eldredge made a motion to approve the consent agenda which was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the August 9th, 2021 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the August 9th, 2021 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing on the proposed 2021-2022 Budget Director Michalec opened the Public Hearing at 6:08 P.M. No public comment was offered. The public hearing was closed at 6:08 P.M.
- Public Hearing on the proposed 2021 Tax Rate. The proposed tax rate is $0.005 (1/2¢) per $100 of valuation. Director Michalec opened the Public Hearing at 6:09 P.M. Denise Deavers commented that the tax rate should be $0.005 instead of $0.05. The mistake was due to how the agenda item was read. The actual tax rate is $0.005 or ½ of 1 cent. The Public Hearing was closed at 6:12 P.M.
- Discussion and possible adoption of the 2021-2022 Proposed Budget Director Campbell made a motion to adopt the proposed 2021-2022 Budget and the proposed 2021 tax rate to fund the budget. Director Bloxsom seconded the motion which passed 5-0-0.
- Adoption of the 2021 Tax Rate See agenda item 8.
- Discussion and action on rulemaking. Possible proposal of amended or new rules. (taken out of order after agenda item 11) The Board of Directors met in closed session for consultation concerning attorney-client matters from 6:36 until 7:50 P.M. No action was taken.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report Staff presented the monthly report
- Meteorological/ET study update, Dave Knollhoff No meteorological report this month
- Current drought stage The District remains in Stage 1
- Subcommittee Updates No updates to provide
- ARPA Funds related to groundwater Micah will Speak with Commissioner Don Durden regarding the ARPA Funding
- GMA9 & Region L Director Campbell and Micah updated the Boar on Region L and GMA9 activities.
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance Policy District Attorney will review the District’s Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Correspondence No correspondence was reviewed
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics The next regular Board meeting will be on October the 12th, 2021, a Tuesday since Monday the 11th is Columbus Day.
- Adjournment A motion to adjourn was made by Director Bloxsom to adjourn. The motion was seconded by Director Webster. The motion carried unanimously.
Download as PDF