NOTICE OF THE REGULAR MEETING AND A PUBLIC HEARING
OF THE COW CREEK GROUNDWATER
CONSERVATION DISTRICT KENDALL COUNTY, TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that the regular meeting and a public hearing of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District will be held on Monday the 8th of November 2021. The meeting and public hearing will begin at 6:00 P.M. and will occur in the District Meeting Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas, at which time the following will be discussed and appropriate action taken, pursuant to Chapter 36, Water Code; and pursuant to V.T.C.A. Government Code Section 551, Open Meetings, including all subchapters and sections:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 847 623 5409
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Public comment
- Consent Agenda:
- Approval of minutes from the October 11th, 2021 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing: The District will receive public comment on the proposed amendments to the Rules of the District. The proposed amendments to the District’s Rules primarily affect Rules 1.4: Action on Rules, 2: Definitions, 3.1: Existing Wells, 3.2: New Wells – Registration of Exempt Wells; 4.3: Annual Well Fee, 7.1: Complaints and Investigations, Rule 7.3: Variances, 10.2: Production Limits for All Wells Requiring an Operating Permit, 10.3: Production Limits for Wells Supplying Community Water Systems and Retail Water Utilities, and 10.4: Production Limits for New Domestic or Livestock Wells Incapable of Producing More Than 25,000 Gallons Per Day.
- Discussion of comments received and consider possible adoption of the proposed rules.
- Operating Permit Applications:
- Application for a New Operating Permit for District Well No. PW8729. The Applicant, Bergheim Trading Co., LLC is requesting 4.8 acre feet annually for public water supply for a convenience store, retail center, quick serve restaurant and fire storage at 919 SH46 East, Boerne.
- Application to amend an Operating Permit for District well nos. W5721, W5722, W5724, W5725 and W7435. The Applicant, Joshua Creek Ranch is requesting 20 acre feet annually for commercial use at 104 Cravey Road, 405 Waring Welfare Road, 120 Cravey Road and 132 Cravey Road. The original permit was for 16 acre feet annually but the annual use is forecasted to increase based on increased bookings for meetings and events.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report
- Current drought stage
- Subcommittee Updates
- GMA 9
- Region L
- District credit card application
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics
- The District may take a brief recess during the course of the meeting, depending upon the length of the meeting.
- The Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District is committed to compliance with the Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal opportunity for effective communications will be provided upon request. Please contact the District office at 830-816-2504 at least 24 hours in advance if accommodation is needed.
- Citizens who desire to address the Board on any matter may sign up to do so prior to the meeting. Public comments will be received during the Public Comment portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 5 minutes.
- At any time during the meeting and in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Annotated, the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District Board may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney- client matters (§551. 071); deliberation regarding real property (§ 551.072); deliberation regarding prospective gift (§551.073); personnel matters (§551.074); and deliberation regarding security devices (§551.076).
Download Agenda as PDF