Groundwater Management Area 9 Joint Planning Committee Meeting
Notice of an Open Meeting
As required by Section 36.108(e), Texas Water Code, a meeting of the Groundwater Management Area 9 Joint Planning Committee, comprised of district representatives from the following groundwater conservation districts located wholly or partially within Groundwater Management Area 9: Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District, Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District, Headwaters Groundwater Conservation District, Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District, Medina County Groundwater Conservation District, Trinity-Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District, and Southwestern Travis County Groundwater Conservation District, will be held on Monday, November 15, 2021, at 10:00 am at the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District, 9 Toepperwein Rd, Boerne, TX 78006.
Discussion and/or possible action may occur on the following business matters:
- Call to Order.
- Receipt of Posted Meeting Notices.
- Public Comment.
- Approval of September 27, 2021 GMA 9 Meeting Minutes.
- Texas Water Development Board updates, comments, or communications.
- Individual District updates, comments, or communications if necessary.
- Annual individual GCD reports on DFC Compliance if necessary.
- Consider approval of GMA 9 draft document “Summarization of Public Comments Received and GMA 9 Responses,” which will be attached to the Explanatory Report as Appendix C and reconfirm GMA 9 Committee’s consensus decision to not make changes to the DFC statements because of the public hearing comments.
- Review Draft “Groundwater Management Area 9 2021 Explanatory Report for Desired Future Conditions for Major and Minor Aquifers.”
- Consider approval of GMA 9 Resolution # 111521-1 “Adopting the Groundwater Management Area 9 Joint Planning Committee’s Proposed Classification of Locally Managed Aquifers as Non-Relevant for Joint Planning Purposes and the Desired Future Conditions for Relevant Major and Minor Aquifers in GMA 9, and authorizing the GMA 9 Chairman to formally submit them and all other required information to the TWDB.”
- Consider approval of “Groundwater Management Area 9 2021 Explanatory Report for Desired Future Conditions for Major and Minor Aquifers.”
- In answer to many inquiries , the Fourth GMA 9 Joint Planning cycle will begin at the first GMA 9 Meeting held during 2023. It is likely to be a very active cycle due to new census data and demographic changes, a revised Trinity Aquifer model, and detailed reviews of DFC and Non-Relevant designations.
- Next meeting date, location, and future agenda items.
Further information, questions, or comments concerning any aspect of this meeting should be directed to:
Mr. Ron Fieseler, GMA 9 Planning Committee Chairman
c/o Blanco-Pedernales Groundwater Conservation District
601 West Main, P.O. Box 1516, Johnson City, TX 78636
(830) 868-9196 (office no.), (830) 708-5020 (cell no.), or email to: email@example.com
Download Agenda as PDF
GMA9 Open Meeting November 15, 2021