THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
November 8, 2021
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President) (arrived during agenda item 9.a.)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary) (arrived during agenda item 6)
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:02 PM.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Staff Member Jenni Hinnant.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 3 out of 5 Directors present.
- Public comment: Chris Childs (Kerr County)
- Consent Agenda: Motion to approve made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 3-0-2.
- Approval of minutes from the October 11th, 2021 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing: The District will receive public comment on the proposed amendments to the Rules of the District. The proposed amendments to the District’s Rules primarily affect Rules 1.4: Action on Rules, 2: Definitions, 3.1: Existing Wells, 3.2: New Wells – Registration of Exempt Wells; 4.3: Annual Well Fee, 7.1: Complaints and Investigations, Rule 7.3: Variances, 10.2: Production Limits for All Wells Requiring an Operating Permit, 10.3: Production Limits for Wells Supplying Community Water Systems and Retail Water Utilities, and 10.4: Production Limits for New Domestic or Livestock Wells Incapable of Producing More Than 25,000 Gallons Per Day. No comments.
- Discussion of comments received and consider possible adoption of the proposed rules. Motion to approve made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 4-0-1.
- Operating Permit Applications:
- Application for a New Operating Permit for District Well No. PW8729. The Applicant, Bergheim Trading Co., LLC is requesting 4.8 acre feet annually for public water supply for a convenience store, retail center, quick serve restaurant and fire storage at 919 SH46 East, Boerne. Staff recommendation to approve. Motion made to approve by Director Webster, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 4-0-1.
- Application to amend an Operating Permit for District well nos. W5721, W5722, W5724, W5725 and W7435. The Applicant, Joshua Creek Ranch is requesting 20 acre feet annually for commercial use at 104 Cravey Road, 405 Waring Welfare Road, 120 Cravey Road and 132 Cravey Road. The original permit was for 16 acre feet annually but the annual use is forecasted to increase based on increased bookings for meetings and events. Staff recommendation to approve. Motion made to approve by Director Bloxsom, seconded by Director Campbell. Approved 4-0-1.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: GM Voulgaris presented the staff’s report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining at Stage 1.
- Subcommittee Updates: Rules subcommittee to meet before next Board Meeting.
- GMA 9: Meeting scheduled for November 15th. (agenda in packet)
- Region L: Director Campbell gave an update on planning cycle.
- District credit card application: Staff will move ahead with credit card application for District use.
- Correspondence: Water booklet (in packet)
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: GMA 9 Meeting Scheduled for November 15th at 10:00 AM. Board Meeting scheduled for December 13th at 6:00 PM.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 6:47 PM.
Download as PDF