NOTICE OF THE REGULAR MEETING
AND A PUBLIC HEARING
OF THE COW CREEK GROUNDWATER
CONSERVATION DISTRICT KENDALL COUNTY, TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that the regular meeting and a public hearing of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District will be held on Monday the 16th of May 2022. The meeting and public hearing will begin at 6:00 P.M. and will occur in the District Meeting Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas, at which time the following will be discussed and appropriate action taken, pursuant to Chapter 36, Water Code; and pursuant to V.T.C.A. Government Code Section 551, Open Meetings, including all subchapters and sections:
Meeting ID: 847 623 5409
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Public comment
- Oath of Office and swearing in of Directors for Districts 1, 3, 4, and the At Large Director, Darlene Herrin, Kendall County Clerk
- Election of Officers
- Public Hearing: The District will receive public comment on the proposed amendments to the Rules of the District. The proposed amendments to the District’s Rules primarily affect, but are not limited to, Rules: 2: Definitions; 3.3: New Wells – Operating Permit for Non-Exempt Well; 5.9: Plugging of Wells; and 10: Groundwater Production Limits.
- Discussion of comments received and consider possible adoption of the proposed rules.
- Consent Agenda:
- Approval of minutes from the April 11th, 2022 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the April 19th, 2022 Special Called Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report
- Current drought stage
- Subcommittee updates
- GMA 9
- Region L
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project
- District staff will make a recommendation to select the most highly qualified firm from the submitted Request for Qualifications to provide Consulting Services, Custom Programming and Integration Services Related to a Water Well Management System (District well database). The District Board may advise staff to attempt to negotiate a contract.
- Update on the Trinity Aquifer Groundwater Availability Study in Kendall County, AGS, LLC, James Beach P.G.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topic
- The District may take a brief recess during the course of the meeting, depending upon the length of the meeting.
- The Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District is committed to compliance with the Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal opportunity for effective communications will be provided upon request. Please contact the District office at 830-816-2504 at least 24 hours in advance if accommodation is needed.
- Citizens who desire to address the Board on any matter may sign up to do so prior to the meeting. Public comments will be received during the Public Comment portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 5 minutes.
- At any time during the meeting and in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Annotated, the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District Board may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney- client matters (§551. 071); deliberation regarding real property (§ 551.072); deliberation regarding prospective gift (§551.073); personnel matters (§551.074); and deliberation regarding security devices (§551.076).
Download Agenda as PDF