THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
May 16, 2022
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer) arrived during agenda item 9
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:02 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Campbell.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 3 out of 5 directors present.
- Public comment: N/A
- Oath of Office and swearing in of Directors for Districts 1, 3, 4, and the At Large Director, Darlene Herrin, Kendall County Clerk: Directors Webster, Campbell, Bloxsom & Eldredge completed the Oath of Office and were sworn in by Kendall County Clerk, Darlene Herrin.
- Election of Officers: Motion made by Director Michalec to retain officer positions, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 5-0-0.
- Public Hearing: The District will receive public comment on the proposed amendments to the Rules of the District. The proposed amendments to the District’s Rules primarily affect, but are not limited to, Rules: 2: Definitions; 3.3: New Wells – Operating Permit for Non-Exempt Well; 5.9: Plugging of Wells; and 10: Groundwater Production Limits.: Public hearing opened at 6:04 PM and closed at 6:05 PM with no public comment.
- Discussion of comments received and consider possible adoption of the proposed rules.: GM Micah Voulgaris summarized the proposed rule changes. Motion made by Director Webster, seconded by Director Campbell. Approved 5-0-0.
- Consent Agenda: Motion made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 3-0-2.
- Approval of minutes from the April 11th, 2022 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the April 19th, 2022 Special Called Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: GM Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining at Stage 2.
- Subcommittee updates: N/A
- GMA 9: Meeting took place on Monday, May 9th. New officers were elected to the Planning Committee; Micah Voulgaris-CCGCD, Amanda Maloukis-TGRGCD, and Hayli Hernandez-BCRAGD.
- Region L: Director Campbell gave an update on the May 5th meeting, which included rule updates, DFC updates in region 15, proposed subcommittee for un-met needs in irrigation and agriculture, and possibly changing some baselines in historical data.
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project: The staff has been unable to locate a property owner interested in having a monitor well. Will continue to make inquiries.
- District staff will make a recommendation to select the most highly qualified firm from the submitted Request for Qualifications to provide Consulting Services, Custom Programming and Integration Services Related to a Water Well Management System (District well database). The District Board may advise staff to attempt to negotiate a contract.: Motion made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 4-0-1.
- Update on the Trinity Aquifer Groundwater Availability Study in Kendall County, AGS, LLC, James Beach P.G.: Received final report on May 13th. Motion made by Director Campbell to approve the final report, seconded by Director Michalec. Approved 5-0-0.
- Correspondence: N/A
- Future meeting dates and meeting topic: Next Board Meeting scheduled for Monday, June 13th, at 6:00 PM. GMA 9 meeting tentatively scheduled for June 20th.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 6:55 PM.
Download as PDF