THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
March 14, 2022
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
(arrived during Agenda Item 6)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 6:01 PM.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Michalec.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 4 out of 5 members present.
- Public comment: No public comment.
- Certification of unopposed Director Candidates for the May 7th, 2022 Election: Certification signed by Director Michalec and Director Webster.
- Order Cancelling the Cow Creek GCD Directors Election scheduled to be held on May, 7th, 2022: Director Michalec will sign the order to cancel the May 7th 2022 Election.
- Consent Agenda: Motion to approve made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Webster. 5-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the February 14th, 2022 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: Staff Member Heath Hoffman presented the staff’s report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining at Stage 1.
- Subcommittee Updates: Workshop in April for any changes related to the groundwater study.
- GMA 9: Meeting in April.
- Region L: N/A
- Groundwater protection: Geary Shindel with Bexar Grotto would be able to schedule volunteers to help clean up limestone cavern filled with garbage. Asked if Cow Creek would fund the roll-off dumpsters for clean-up. Motion made by Director Webster, seconded by Director Bloxsom, to approve funding roll-off dumpster not to exceed $500. 5-0-0.
- Update on the Trinity Aquifer Groundwater Availability Study in Kendall County, AGS, LLC, James Beach P.G.: GM Micah Voulgaris sent director comments to James Beach. The completed report will be presented at the April Meeting.
- Discussion and action relating to a Legislative Representation Services Agreement with Gregory M. Ellis for 2022-2023: Representation still fits within the budget. Motion made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Webster, not to exceed $6,600 per year. 5-0-0.
- Correspondence: N/A
- Future meeting dates and meeting topic: Workshop scheduled for April 11th at 4:00 PM. Next Board Meeting scheduled for April 11th at 6:00 PM.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 6:41 PM.
Download as PDF