NOTICE OF A PUBLIC HEARING AND THE REGULAR MEETING OF THE
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
KENDALL COUNTY, TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a public hearing and the regular meeting of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District will be held on Monday the 14th of September, 2015. The hearing and meeting will begin at 6:00 P.M. and will occur at the Kendall County Courthouse in the Third Floor Assembly Room, located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas, at which time the following will be discussed and appropriate action taken, pursuant to Chapter 36, Water Code; and pursuant to V.T.C.A. Government Code Section 551, Open Meetings, including all subchapters and sections:
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Public comment
- Consent Agenda:
a. Approval of minutes from the August 10th, 2015 Regular Meeting
b. Approval of minutes from the August 10th, 2015 Workshop
c. Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
d. Monthly financial report(s)
e. Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing on the 2015-2016 Proposed Budget and the 2015 Tax Rate of $0.005 per $100 (one half of one cent per $100.00 of valuation)
- Closed session: The Board will meet in closed session in regard to personnel matters (§551.074)
- Discussion and adoption of the 2015-2016 Budget
- Adoption of the 2015 Tax Rate of $0.005 per $100 (one half of one cent per $100 of valuation)
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
a. Monthly report
b. Current drought stage
c. GMA 9 – September 281 9:00 A.M. Meeting
d. Watershed Stewardship Initiative (319 Grant)
e. Website subcommittee update
f. Real Property subcommittee update g. Rules subcommittee update
- Resolution authorizing the District’s GMA 9 representative to vote for a proposed desired future condition of 30 feet of drawdown in the Trinity (same as 2010) and to vote on the declaration of relevant /not-relevant status of some of the minor aquifers. These declarations will be based on local hydrogeology, areal distribution, or in some cases, specific requests by local GCDs.
- Authorize the Real Property subcommittee to retain a real estate agent/broker for the possible procurement of real property.
- Correspondence Future meeting dates and meeting topics
Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District General Manager
- The District may take a brief recess during the course of the meeting, depending upon the length of the meeting.
- The Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District is committed to compliance with the Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal opportunity for effective communications will be provided upon request. Please contact the District office at 830-816-2504 at least 24 hours in advance if accommodation is needed.
- Citizens who desire to address the Board on any matter may sign up to do so prior to the meeting. Public comments will be received during the Public Comment portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 5 minutes.
- At any time during the meeting and in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Annotated, the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District Board may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney- client matters (§551. 071); deliberation regarding real property (§ 551.072); deliberation regarding prospective gift (§551.073); personnel matters (§551.074); and deliberation regarding security devices (§551.076).
Download Agenda as PDF