THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
August 10, 2015
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Directors Absent: N/A
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. The Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
- Public comment. No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda with the exception of items A and B. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 4-0-1 with Director Schwab abstaining.
- Approval of minutes from the July 13t\ 2015 Regular Meeting. Director Webster made a motion to approve the July 13th, 2015 Regular Meeting Minutes. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 4-0-1 with Director Dietzmann abstaining,
- Approval of minutes from the July 13th, 2015 Workshop. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the July 13t\ 2015 Workshop Meeting Minutes. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 3-0-2, with Director Dietzmann and Director Schwab abstaining.
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staffs report.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 1
- GMA 9. The next GMA 9 meeting will be September 28, 2015 in Dripping Springs. Each of the districts in attendance will discuss desired DFC’
- Website subcommittee update. No update.
- Real Property subcommittee update. The subcommittee and GM Voulgaris discussed being prepared to have a new office space by October 2016. GM Voulgaris will look into logistics regarding purchasing property and government protocols.
- Rules subcommittee update. GM Voulgaris read a letter that was given to the Kendall County Commissioners requesting their participation in rulmaking
- Proposal of the 2015-2016 Budget and schedu ling of a Public B earing on the 2015-2016 Budget. Director Campbell made a motioJ1 to proJ ose the draft budget as prepared by staff as well as proposed ad valorem tax at a rate of one-half of one cent J)er one hundr ed do]lars of property valuation. A public hearing will be held at the September 14, 2015 Regular Board Meeting. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
- Consideration of Sponsorship of the 2015 Boerne Water Forum on September 1 Director Michalec made a motion to sponsor the Boerne Water Forum with a $500.00 donation. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 5-0-0.
- Correspondence. Staff presented the Board with a letter received from Perry Donop. The Board directed GM Voulgaris to be in contact with the District’s attorney as well as the District’s previous attorney in regards to statements made in the letter and potential conflicts of interests regarding the permitting and rulemaking processes.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The Board of Directors of CCGCD will meet September 14, 2015 at 4:00 P.M. for a Rulemaking Workshop with the Kendall County Commissioners. The next Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors will be September 14, 2015 at 6:00 P.M. The Rainwater Revival will be held November 7, 2015 in Dripping Springs.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF