NOTICE OF THE REGULAR MEETING
AND PUBLIC HEARING
OF THE COW CREEK GROUNDWATER
CONSERVATION DISTRICT KENDALL COUNTY, TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that the regular meeting of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District will be held on Monday the 12th of September 2022. The meeting will begin at 6:00 P.M. and will occur in the District Meeting Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas, at which time the following will be discussed, and appropriate action taken, pursuant to Chapter 36, Water Code; and pursuant to V.T.C.A. Government Code Section 551, Open Meetings, including all subchapters and sections:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 847 623 5409
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Public comment
- Consent Agenda:
- Approval of minutes from the April 11th, 2022 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the July 11th, 2022 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the August 8th, 2022 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing on the proposed 2022-2023 District Budget and the 2022 Tax rate of $0.005 per $100 of valuation (1/2¢).
- Possible adoption of the proposed 2022-2023 District Budget.
- Possible adoption of the 2022 Tax rate of $0.005 per $100 of valuation (1/2¢).
- Application for an Operating Permit for new well no. W8698. The applicant, Burt Seidensticker is requesting 9.2 acre feet annually for commercial and livestock use at 444A Old No. 9 in Comfort, Texas.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report
- Current drought stage
- Subcommittee updates
- GMA 9
- Region L
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project
- Discussion and action on a project collaboration with the Bureau of Economic Geology related to the cost of and the socioeconomic impacts of pumping groundwater, Justin Thompson.
- Discussion and action on the Groundwater Management Area 9 Interlocal Agreement for governmental functions and services related to the development of the Desired Future Conditions of the aquifers for the 4th planning cycle.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics
- The District may take a brief recess during the course of the meeting, depending upon the length of the meeting.
- The Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District is committed to compliance with the Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal opportunity for effective communications will be provided upon request. Please contact the District office at 830-816-2504 at least 24 hours in advance if accommodation is needed.
- Citizens who desire to address the Board on any matter may sign up to do so prior to the meeting. Public comments will be received during the Public Comment portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 5 minutes.
- At any time during the meeting and in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Annotated, the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District Board may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney- client matters (§551. 071); deliberation regarding real property (§ 551.072); deliberation regarding prospective gift (§551.073); personnel matters (§551.074); and deliberation regarding security devices (§551.076).
Download Agenda as PDF