THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
September 12, 2022
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:04 PM.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Michalec.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 4 out of 5 directors present.
- Public comment: No public comment.
- Consent Agenda:
- Approval of minutes from the April 11th, 2022 Workshop: Motion by Director Webster to approve consent agenda items a, c, d, e and f, seconded by Director Campbell. Approved 4-0-1
- Approval of minutes from the July 11th, 2022 Workshop: Motion by Director Campbell to approve consent agenda item b, seconded by Director Eldredge.Approved 3-0-2
- Approval of minutes from the August 8th, 2022 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing on the proposed 2022-2023 District Budget and the 2022 Tax rate of $0.005 per $100 of valuation (1/2¢): No public comment.
- Possible adoption of the proposed 2022-2023 District Budget: Motion by Director Campbell to approve budget as proposed, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 4-0-1.
- Possible adoption of the 2022 Tax rate of $0.005 per $100 of valuation (1/2¢): Motion by Director Eldredge, seconded by Director Webster. Approved 4-0-1.
- Application for an Operating Permit for new well no. W8698. The applicant, Burt Seidensticker is requesting 9.2 acre feet annually for commercial and livestock use at 444A Old No. 9 in Comfort, Texas: GM Voulgaris recommends 7.9 acre feet annually, motion to approve made by Director Webster, seconded by Director Michalec. Approved 4-0-1.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: General Manager Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s monthly report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining in Stage 3.
- Subcommittee updates: N/A
- GMA 9: no submittals for RFQ for consulting firms in preparing an Explanatory Report to assist the fourth GMA 9 Planning Cycle. Next meeting is scheduled for October 17th at 10 AM.
- Region L: Nothing to update
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project: Nothing to update.
- Discussion and action on a project collaboration with the Bureau of Economic Geology related to the cost of and the socioeconomic impacts of pumping groundwater, Justin Thompson: Motion by Director Campbell to send letter showing willingness to collaborate with project, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 4-0-1.
- Discussion and action on the Groundwater Management Area 9 Interlocal Agreement for governmental functions and services related to the development of the Desired Future Conditions of the aquifers for the 4th planning cycle: Motion by Director Eldredge, seconded by Director Campbell. Approved 4-0-1.
- Correspondence: No correspondence.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: Next board meeting scheduled for Tuesday, October 11th at 6:00 PM. Workshop scheduled at 3:00, on Tuesday, October 11th.
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:10 PM.
Download as PDF