THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
October 13, 2015
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:01 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. GM Voulgaris led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 directors present. Director Dietzmann was not in attendance.
- Public comment. No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the September 14th, 2015 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the September 141 2015 Workshop
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Annual Report to the Board on the State of the District and management goals, FY 2014- 2015. GM Voulgaris provided the staffs annual report on the state of the district.
- Proposal to have a workshop with the permitted irrigators included in upcoming rulemaking workshops. The Board would like to invite permitted irrigators to come to a workshop to open dialogue between the permittees and the District. The Operating Permit Subcommittee will meet to establish whom to invite and to formulate a letter. The District will also have a press release to run in the Boerne Star to welcome the general public to the workshop.
- Policy letter regarding District Staff and Director interaction with legal counsel and solicitation/ distribution of legal opinions. GM Voulgaris presented a policy letter the Board regarding the interactions with legal counsel and Board Directors. Director Webster made a motion to table the policy letter for further review until the next meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Set a date for a public hearing on the proposed desired future conditions voted on by the GMA 9 committee at the September 281 2015 Groundwater management Area 9 meeting. GM Voulgaris recapped the current standing of the District in regards to desired future conditions and discussions with GMA
- Director Webster made a motion to hold a public hearing at the Board’s November Regular Meeting to discuss the proposed desired future conditions. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 4-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staffs monthly report.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 2.
- GMA 9. GM Voulgaris talked about the nine factors to consider when proposing DFC’s.
- Website subcommittee update & possible action on updating the District website. Director Campbell made a motion to accept the proposal with Rudkin Productions. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Real Property subcommittee update. Director Schwab informed the Board on a couple of potential properties to further investigate.
- Rules subcommittee update. The Board will continue working with the Kendall County Commissioners subcommittee of Commissioner Steubing and Commissioner Pfeiffer.
- Correspondence. Director Michalec entertained correspondence from Boerne High School to have a presentation with four Aquatic Science classes.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, November 9, 2015. A Workshop for irrigation permittees will be held Monday, November 16, 2015. An intergovernmental meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 5, 2015 at the Boerne Civic Center.
- Adjournment. Director Campbell made a motion to adjourn at 7:15 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF