THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
October 12, 2021
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)previous engagement, had to leave during Agenda Item 9.
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 5:59 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Staff Member Heath Hoffman
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with four directors present.
- Public comment: No public comment
- Consent Agenda: Motion to approve made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 4-0-1.
- Approval of minutes from the September 13th, 2021 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: GM Voulgaris presented the staff’s report.
- Meteorological/ET study update, Dave Knollhoff: No meteorological report this month, Mr. Knollhoff no longer has the time to commit to a monthly meteorological report for the District
- Current drought stage: Remaining at Stage 1.
- Subcommittee Updates: N/A
- GMA 9: Discussion of Ron Fieseler’s(GM of Blanco Pedernales GCD) math in averaging all water level totals from 2008 to the present for the DFC and how it differs from Cow Creek GCD. Discussion of relevant and non-relevant aquifers in neighboring districts.
- Region L: Short meeting to finalize consultant.
- ARPA funding: Discussion about possibly using ARPA funding to add monitor wells.
- Discussion and action on rulemaking. Possible proposal of amended or new rules: Discussion on possible rule changes proposed by Cow Creek Attorney Monique Norman. Motion made to propose rule changes and remove annual well fees made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 4-0-1.
- Update on the Trinity Aquifer Groundwater Availability Study in Kendall County, AGS, LLC: GM Voulgaris discussed update on the groundwater study.
- Correspondence: HALFF Database bid for a customized database for Cow Creek.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: Board Meeting Scheduled for November 8th at 6:00 PM
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:26 PM
Download as PDF