THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
November 9, 2020
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order: The meeting was called to order at 6:01 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Campbell
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with all Directors present
- Public comment: Request for photo of Board of Directors and Staff for Hill Country Weekly
- Consent Agenda: Motion made by Director Webster to approve the consent agenda, seconded by Director Eldredge, Director Bloxsom abstained, approved 4-0-1
- Approval of minutes from the October 13th, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the August 12th, 2020 Workshop
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: Micah presented staff’s monthly report
- Meteorological/ET study update, Dave Knollhoff: Micah presented Mr. Knollhoff’s report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining at Stage 2
- Subcommittee Updates: N/A
- GMA 9: Meeting scheduled on the morning of December 14th
- Region L: Director Campbell gave an update on Region L Meeting.
- 2019-2020 Year End State of the District Report: Micah presented the State of the District Report
- Discussion on District involvement with Texans for Responsible Aggregate Mining (TRAM): Decision will be postponed until December’s Board Meeting; Cliff Kaplan of the Hill Country Alliance will attend to answer questions about proposal.
- Discussion on Constitutional Holdover Provision for District Board members: until a replacement is appointed or a new election is held, Director Campbell will continue to hold the seat for District 4. Motion was made by Director Bloxsom to keep Director Campbell on the Board until the next election, seconded by Director Eldredge, Director Campbell abstained, approved 4-0-1.
- Correspondence: EDC explaining a five-year economic development plan for ground water development
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: Workshop for well construction standards and rules scheduled for December 14th at 3:00 P.M. Board Meeting is scheduled for December 14th at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:05 P.M.
Download as PDF