NOTICE OF OPEN MEETING
Groundwater Management Area 9 Joint Planning Committee Meeting
NOTICE is hereby given that a meeting of the Groundwater Management Area 9 (GMA 9) Joint Planning Committee will be held at 10:00 A.M. on Tuesday the 21st of February 2023. The GMA 9 Joint Planning Committee is comprised of District Representatives from the following Districts located wholly or partially within GMA 9:
Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District
Blanco-Pedernales Groundwater Conservation District
Comal Trinity Groundwater Conservation District
Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District
Hays-Trinity Groundwater Conservation District
Headwaters Groundwater Conservation District
Medina County Groundwater Conservation District
Trinity Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District
Southwestern Travis County Groundwater Conservation District
The meeting will take place in the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District’s Meeting Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road in Boerne, Texas, 78006 at which time the following will be discussed and appropriate action taken, pursuant to Chapter 36, Texas Water Code; and pursuant to V.T.C.A. Government Code Section 551, Open Meetings, including all subchapters and sections:
Meeting ID: 847 623 5409
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Establishment of a Quorum and receipt of posted open meeting notices
- Public comment
- Review and consider minutes from the December 9th, 2022 GMA 9 meeting
- Modeling needs for the fourth GMA 9 Planning Cycle.
- Individual District needs
- Update on Ellenberger modeling
- Presentation by Daniel Oppenheimer on the Camp Bullis Sentinel Landscape Partnership
- Discussion and action related to the Request for Qualifications (RFQ) distributed in August. The sub-committee created to review the RFQs will make a recommendation to the GMA9 Joint Planning Committee.
- Discussion and action related to the negotiations with the selected consultant from the August 2022 RFQ.
- Discussion on the proposed USGS potentiometric map project in the Trinity Aquifer.
- Discussion and action on a Request for Qualifications relating to statistical analysis of water level data for monitor wells in 2008 (baseline DFC year).
- Sub-committee updates related to:
- Public Outreach Subcommittee
- Technical Subcommittee
- Management Plan and Rules Subcommittee
- Regional Planning Group Subcommittee
- Comments and updates from TWDB and GMA 9 representatives on the joint planning process and other correspondence and announcements.
- Public comment
- Establish date, time, and place of next meeting and discuss potential agenda items.
Further information, questions, or comments concerning any aspect of this meeting should be directed to:
Mr. Micah Voulgaris, GMA 9 Planning Committee Chairman
c/o Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District
P.O. Box 1557 – Boerne, Texas 78006
Office: 830-816-2504 Mobile: 830-446-9782 email: email@example.com
- The GMA9 Committee may take a brief recess during the meeting, depending upon the length of the meeting.
- The GMA9 Committee is committed to compliance with the Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal opportunity for effective communications will be provided upon request. Please contact the GMA 9 Chairman at 830-816-2504 at least 24 hours in advance if accommodation is needed.
- Citizens who desire to address the Committee on any matter may sign up to do so prior to the meeting. Public comments will be received during the Public Comment portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 5 minutes
Download Agenda as PDF
GMA9 Open Meeting February 21, 2023