Notice of an Open Meeting of the
Groundwater Management Area 9 Joint Planning Committee
Monday, March 22, 2021 at 10:00 AM
Please use the following link to register for the meeting:
GMA 9 is inviting you to a scheduled Virtual Telephone and Video Zoom meeting.
Time: Mar 22, 2021 10:00 AM Central Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 839 1617 6389
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,83916176389#,,,,*687260# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,83916176389#,,,,*687260# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 839 1617 6389
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbun3dFrKB
Notice is hereby given that the groundwater conservation districts located wholly or partially within Groundwater Management Area (GMA) 9, as designated by the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB), consisting of Bandera County River Authority and Ground Water District, Barton Springs/Edwards Aquifer Conservation District, Blanco-Pedernales Groundwater Conservation District, Comal Trinity Groundwater Conservation District, Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District, Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District, Headwaters Groundwater Conservation District, Medina County Groundwater Conservation District, Southwestern Travis County Groundwater Conservation District, and the Trinity Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District will hold a Joint Planning meeting at 10:00 AM on Monday, March 22, 2021.
Notice is hereby given that, in accordance with Governor Abbott’s March 16, 2020, action to temporarily suspend certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, a GMA 9 Joint Planning Meeting will be held via telephone and video conference call beginning at 10:00 AM on Monday, March 22, 2021. Any member of the public who wishes to participate remotely may do so through the remote access options provided above. If you have any difficulties in registering for this meeting, please contact:
Intergovernmental Affairs Manager
Bandera County River Authority and Groundwater District
Discussion and/or possible action may occur on the following business matters:
- Call to Order.
- Receipt of Posted Meeting Notices.
- Approval of January 25, 2021 Meeting Minutes.
- Texas Water Development Board updates, comments, or communications.
- Update on the TWDB’s Edwards-Trinity Plateau brackish groundwater study (Evan Strickland).
- Individual District updates, comments, or communications if necessary.
- Consider SWTCGCD’s request for a waiver on paying an equal share of costs for the Explanatory Report required for the GMA 9 2022 DFC Joint Planning Cycle.
- Discuss and consider adopting proposed non-relevant aquifer classifications pursuant to Title 31, Texas Administrative Code § 356.31(b) and proposed desired future conditions pursuant to Texas Water Code § 36.108(d). (consulting team)
- Discuss and consider public comment process for desired future condition public hearings. (consulting team)
- Public Comment.
- Next meeting date, location, and future agenda items.
Further information, questions, or comments concerning any aspect of this meeting should be directed to:
Mr. Ron Fieseler, GMA 9 Planning Committee Chairman
c/o Blanco-Pedernales Groundwater Conservation District
601 West Main, P.O. Box 1516, Johnson City, TX 78636
(830) 868-9196 (office no.), (830) 708-5020 (cell no.), or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Agenda as PDF
GMA9 Open Meeting March 2021