THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
July 12, 2021
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:00 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Campbell
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with four Directors present.
- Public comment: Larry Bittle, General Manager of Canyon Lake Water Service Company. They are purchasing Kendall West Utilities and wanted to introduce himself to the board. Eric Christopher spoke on behalf of members of a community concerned with a possible new development in their area when there are issues with water at former rose garden.
- Consent Agenda: Motion to approve made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 4-0-1
- Approval of minutes from the June 14th, 2021 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the June 14th, 2021 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Discussion and action on a proposal related to a Trinity Aquifer Groundwater Availability Study in Kendall County by Advanced Groundwater Solutions, James Beach, P.G.: Mr. Beach presented an outline for a hydro-geologic study. Motion made by Director Campbell to accept proposal not to exceed $39,285 (Aquifer research/reserve funds), seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 4-0-1.
- Discussion and action on updating the 2006 District Resolution related to future transportation corridors avoiding portions of the environmentally sensitive Cibolo Conservation Corridor: Director Eldredge discussed expansion across the recharge zone and issues involved. Discussion on revising District Resolution to direct it to the Planning Committee. Sub-committee to revise 2006 District Resolution. Motion made by Director Campbell to update 2006 Resolution requesting City of Boerne Transportation Planning Committee avoiding sensitive Cibolo Creek/Lower Glenrose recharge zone, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 3-0-2.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: GM Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s report.
- Meteorological/ET study update, Dave Knollhoff: GM Voulgaris presented Mr. Knollhoff’s report.
- Current drought stage: Motion made by Director Campbell to move to Stage 1, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 3-1-1. Moving to Stage 1.
- Subcommittee Updates: N/A
- GMA 9: GM Voulgaris discussed comments from GMA 9 public comment period.
- Region L: N/A
- Discussion on ongoing District Rulemaking: Cow Creek Attorney Monique Norman discussed possible rule changes regarding acre density and family division of property.
- Update on the District 2021-2022 Draft Budget: Budget Workshop to be scheduled.
- Correspondence: N/A
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: Budget Workshop scheduled for August 9th at 4:00 PM. Board Meeting Scheduled for August 9th at 6:00 PM.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:27 PM.
Download as PDF