THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
January 9, 2023
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:00 PM.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Ben Eldredge.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 3 out of 5 directors present.
- Public comment: No comment.
- Consent Agenda: Motion to approve items c through e by Director Eldredge, seconded by Director Michalec. Approved 3-0.
- Approval of minutes from the December 12, 2022 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the December 12, 2022 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: General Manager Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s monthly report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining in Stage 3.
- Subcommittee updates:
- GMA 9:
- Region L:
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project:
- Camp Bullis Sentinel Landscape Project:
- Discussion on possible legislation related to the District’s enabling act in the upcoming 88th Session of the Texas Legislature. Sending a copy of the drafted changes to the enabling act to Senators’ Eckhardt and Campbell.
- Discussion and action on an Interlocal agreement between the Cow Creek GCD and Kendall County Commissioner’s Court related to funding for new monitor wells and right of way access. No action.
- Discussion and action on the District adopting the Desired Future Conditions approved by the Groundwater Management Area 9 Joint Planning Committee in the third-round planning cycle. Do not have the final MAG report. The DFC will be posted in February.
- Discussion and action on the District’s 2022-2023 Budget. Motion to amend the budget to reflect the increase in revenue by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 3-0.
- Correspondence: No correspondence.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: Next Board Meeting scheduled for February 13th at 6:00 PM.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 6:28 PM.
Download as PDF