THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
January 13, 2020
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Michalec led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 directors present. Director Bloxsom was not in attendance.
- Public comment. No comment offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-1 with Director Eldredge abstaining.
- Approval of minutes from the December 9th, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing — 2020 Management Plan Re-adoption. Director Michalec opened the public hearing at 6:02 P.M. No comment was offered. Director Michalec closed the public hearing at 6:03 P.M.
- Possible adoption of the 2020 Management Plan. Director Webster made a motion to adopt the 2020 Management Plan as presented. Director Campbell seconded the motion which passed 4-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris presented the Staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. GM Voulgaris shared Dave Knollhoff’s update.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 1.
- Starr County GCD update. GM Voulgaris updated the Board on his trip to visit with Starr County GCD and the advisory board.
- Subcommittee updates. No updates
- 2019-2020 Budget Amendments. The budget amendments will be presented at the next meeting.
- Discussion and action on the District’s proposed rainwater harvesting system. GM Voulgaris presented the Board with information gathered on the rainwater harvesting system. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the proposed rainwater harvesting system quote for $15,910.63. The motion was seconded by Director Eldredge indicating the funds be drawn from budge line item 6205. Director Webster made an amendment to the motion indicating that the system be equipped with an approved fire department connection. The motion passed 4-0-0.
- Discussion and possible action on the HCA Rainwater Revival. Director Michalec made a motion to support the HCA Rainwater Revival at the Cats and Dogs level of $2,500. Director Webster seconded the motion which passed 4-0-0.
- Correspondence. Director Michalec shared with the Board correspondence from Larry Bailey.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, February 10, 2020 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Webster made a motion to adjourn at 7:27 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF