THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
February 9, 2015
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President) Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Heath Hoffman led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 directors present. Director Schwab was not in attendance
- Public comment. No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda with the exception of the January 20, 2015 Public Hearing minutes. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the January 12, 2015 Regular Meeting and the January 20, 2015 Public Hearing
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Tabled Variance request: The Murrays’ at 102 Falcon Crest are requesting relief from District Rule 11. The Murrays’ want to water to establish a proposed lawn and landscape. Director Webster moved to un-table the variance request. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0. Director Webster moved to deny the variance as it is no longer needed. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 4-0-0.
- Operating Permit Application: The Applicant, Friends of the Cibolo Wilderness, is requesting 12.8 acre feet annually for irrigation use at 33 Herff Road in Boerne. GM Voulgaris provided the Board with information on the Friends of Cibolo Wilderness’ plans for water use at 33 Herff Road. Director Dietzmann made a motion to approve the Operating Permit for well #6868 (Herff Farm) for a five year term with an annual production not to exceed 12.8 acre feet. The applicant will abide by the submitted water conservation and drought contingency plans. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- District activities:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staffs monthly
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage
- GMA 9. Monday, February 23, 2015 is the next meeting of GMA 9 in Kerrville. At that meeting, Blanton Associates will be on hand to discuss to initiate the explanatory
- Watershed Stewardship Initiative update. No update
- Website updates. Heath is still waiting on the reminding Director biographies; once received he will be in touch with the website
- Rulemaking update. Directors with ideas for additional information, changes, practices, etc. to the District’s Rules will start submitting them to GM Voulgaris.
- Audit for the fiscal year ended September 30, 2013. Director Dietzmann made a motion to accept the audit for FY October 2012 – September 2013. In addition, he would like to initiate the audit for FY October 2013 – September 2014. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Legal counsel update. The District’s attorney Ross Fischer has moved companies and is now employed by Gober Hilgers PLLC. Mr. Fischer has presented the District with an engagement agreement. Director Webster made a motion to terminate the agreement with DNRBH&Z, PC and to initiate the engagement agreement with Gober Hilgers. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Closed Session: Deliberation regarding real property (§551.072). The Board moved into closed session at 6:38 P.M. The Board moved out of closed session at 6:50 M.
- GBRA’s financial audit was received via mail.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors is scheduled for Monday, March 9,
- Director Webster a motion to adjourn at 6:52 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
Download Agenda as PDF