THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
February 14, 2022
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 6:01 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Campbell.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 4 out of 5 directors present.
- Public comment: No public comment.
- Consent Agenda: Motion to approve made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 3-0-2
- Approval of minutes from the December 13th, 2021 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: GM Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining at Stage 1.
- Subcommittee Updates: N/A
- GMA 9: N/A
- Region L: N/A
- Groundwater protection: Area property owner found a limestone cavity filled with trash. Board discussed possibility of helping to remove garbage.
- Update and Presentation on the Trinity Aquifer Groundwater Availability Study in Kendall County, AGS, LLC, James Beach P.G.: James Beach presented findings in groundwater availability study.
- Discussion and action regarding an Order Calling Directors General Election for Districts 1, 4, the at large position and the remainder of the unexpired term for District 3. : Motion made by Director Webster, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 5-0-0. GM Voulgaris will order the election.
- Action to reinstate District Director 4 Curt Campbell for the remainder of his term. The District 4 boundary was updated from the 2020 census.: Motion made by Director Eldredge, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 4-0-1.
- Discussion and action relating to a Legislative Representation Services Agreement with Gregory M. Ellis for 2022-2023: No action taken at this time.
- Discussion and action related to the District’s current and future database. The District will review and possibly approve the Request for Qualifications to provide Consulting Services, Custom Programming and Integration Services Related to a Water Well Management System: Motion made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Webster. Approved 5-0-0. An RFQ will be sent out for consultation services.
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project: Staff Member Heath Hoffman is creating a list of possible locations.
- Correspondence: N/A
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: Workshop scheduled for March 14th at 4:00 PM. Board Meeting scheduled for March 14th at 6:00 PM.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:30 PM.
Download as PDF