THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
August 9, 2021
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)previous engagement, had to leave during Agenda Item 9.
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:02 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Eldredge.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with all directors present.
- Public comment: No public comment.
- Consent Agenda: Motion to approve made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 4-0-1
- Approval of minutes from the July 12th, 2021 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Discussion on the 2021-2022 Draft Budget: GM Micah Voulgaris discussed new draft budget.
- Possible proposal of the 2021-2022 Budget and the 2021 Tax Rate and setting of the Public Hearing for both.: Motion made by Director Campbell to propose 2021-2022 Budget and 2021 Tax Rate, seconded by Director Webster. Approved 5-0-0.
- Discussion and action on a resolution regarding transportation planning and sensitive recharge features: GM Voulgaris read the resolution, which is to be presented by Director Eldredge to the Transportation Committee at their next meeting. Motion to approve by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 5-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: GM Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining at Stage 1.
- Meteorological/ET study update, Dave Knollhoff: GM Voulgaris presented Mr. Knollhoff’s report.
- Subcommittee Updates: N/A
- GMA 9: N/A
- Region L: Director Campbell gave an update on Region L meeting.
- Correspondence: JBSA Camp Bullis Sentinel Landscape Project, Director Michalec discussed the Camp Bullis Military Influence Area and the rapid growth in unincorporated areas in the district.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: Public Hearing and Board Meeting Scheduled for September 13th at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 6:40 P.M.
Download as PDF