THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
August 8, 2022
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order: Called to order at 6:03 PM.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Eldredge.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 3 out of 5 directors present.
- Public comment: No public comment
- Consent Agenda: Motion made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Bloxsom to approve consent agenda items d, e, and f. Approved 4-0-
- Approval of minutes from the June 13th, 2022 Regular Meeting-Motion made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 3-0-2
- Approval of minutes from the July 11th, 2022 Regular Meeting-Motion made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 3-0-2
- Approval of minutes from the August 2nd, 2022 Workshop
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Discussion and action on the draft 2022-2023 District Budget. The District will propose the 2022-2023 District Budget and the 2022 Tax rate of $0.005 per $100 of valuation (1/2¢) and set the time and date of the Public Hearing for both.Motion to propose budget made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 5-0-0. Public Hearing is scheduled for September 12th.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: General Manager Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s monthly report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining in Drought Stage 3.
- Subcommittee updates: N/A
- GMA 9: Next meeting is scheduled for August 15th at the Cow Creek Office
- Region L: Update given by Director Campbell, next meeting is November 3rd
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project: Director Campbell met with the County Commissioners Court, base funds to be allocated will be $400,000 for monitor well project, with a combination of public and private land usage.
- Correspondence: N/A
- Future meeting dates and meeting topic: The Next board meeting is scheduled for September 12th, at 6:00 PM.
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 7:00 PM.
Download as PDF