THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
August 14, 2017
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Directors Present: Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Directors Absent: Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Dietzmann called the meeting to order at 6:02 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Webster led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 3 directors present. Director Michalec and Director Schwab were not in attendance.
- Public comment. No comment offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the July 10th, 2017 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the July 10th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the July 27th, 2017 Special Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly update.
- Meteorological update. No update.
- Current drought stage. Director Campbell made a motion to stay at the current Drought Stage of 1. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passe 3-0-0.
- GMA 9 update. GM Voulgaris attended the manager’s meeting last month and the districts spoke on the legislative push to have a more comprehensive set of rules. The Districts in GMA 9 would like to create a matrix on rules as a guide to be used in order to more closely align rules in the areas at which it’s possible.
- Subcommittee updates. No update
- 4th Annual Texas Hydro~Geo Workshop. The Workshop will be held September 15th-17th, 2017 at Cave Without a Name.
- Purchase of new laptop. Director Dietzmann made a motion to approve the purchase of a new laptop not to exceed $2,300. $1772.51 of the total cost will come from line item 6158 (Hardware). The remaining cost will come from line item 6186 (monitor wells). The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-0.
- Resolution for approval of the 2017 tax levy roll. Director Campbell made a motion to table Item 7 for the September Regular Meeting. The motion was seconded byDirector Webster and passed 3-0-0.
- Proposal of the 2017-2018 Budget and scheduling of a Public Hearing on the 2017-2018 Budget and the 2017 tax rate (1/2¢ per $100). Director Dietzmann called the meeting into closed session at 6:41 P.M. The Board returned from closed session at 8:00 P.M. The Board is unable to reach a consensus, thus will reconvene on the subject at next month’s meeting. Director Dietzmann made a motion to propose the presented tax rate of ½ cent per $100 as well as the FY17-18 Budget with revenues of $388,635 and expenses of $377,831 resulting in a reserve of $10,804. Revenues will be supplemented with a $325,000 bank transfer to cover expenses related to new office construction. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-0.
- Discussion and possible action on a contract for architectural services. Director Campbell and GM Voulgaris will call Peter Lewis to clarify some information in the presented draft of services.
- Correspondence. Cude Engineering presented the District with a potential development near Tapatio Springs and will discuss in the future possible groundwater needs.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The CCGCD Board of Directors will have a Budget Workshop on Sept 11, 2017 at 4:00 P.M. The next Regular Meeting and Public Hearing will be on September 11, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Campbell made a motion to adjourn at 8:30 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-0.
Download as PDF