THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
April 11, 2016
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President) Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
- Call to Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:02 P.M.
- Pledge of Director Campbell led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 directors present. Director Schwab was not in attendance.
- Public comment. An update was given on the Miralomas Development, previously Larin Hills. Putnum Bridge Developers is now overseeing the project with Charles Cook serving as the onsite developer. Putnum Bridge is commented to creating a fine development while being responsible, good citizens and neighbors in the community. Putnum Bridge would like to invite the public and CCGCD to see The new master plan of the development is estimating about 1200-1250 units upon completion of the project. Putnum Bridge will continue to keep the Board updated on the progress.
- Consent Agenda: Director Dietzmann made a motion to approve the consent agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-1 with Director Michalec abstaining as he was not in attendance at last month’s
- Approval of minutes from the March 14th, 2016 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Request for relief. Thomas J. Juern is requesting a variance from District Rule 10.4 at 106 Live Oak Pass. GM Voulgaris updated the Board on the request of Mr. Juem. Director Dietzmann made a motion to table the request in an effort to get more information from the The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-1-0.
7. Operating Permits
- Application for an Operating Permit for District Well No. PW7149. The Applicant, Five Oaks Holdings, LLC is requesting 4.75 acre feet annually for public water supply for two wedding reception facilities, landscape irrigation and domestic use at 56 Bella Springs Road, Boerne. Director Webster made a motion to approve the Operating Permit for PW7149. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Application for an Operating Permit for District Well No. PW6806. The Applicant, Kendall Plantation, LLC is requesting 2.5 acre feet annually for public water supply for a wedding reception facility and landscape irrigation at 20 Guthrie Road, Boerne. Director Michalec made a motion to approve the permit as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 4-0-0.
- Application for an Operating Permit for District Well No. PW7054. The Applicant, 46 Crossing, LLC is requesting 2.75 acre feet annually for public water supply for the retail center at 1 FM 3351, Bergheim. Director Michalec made a motion to approve 2.75 acre feet for PW7054. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 4-0-0.
- Application to renew the Operating Permit for District Well No. Wl013. The Permittee, Stephen and Vicki Schmidt are requesting 7 acre feet annually for domestic, commercial and livestock use at 242 SH 46 W, Boerne. Director Michalec made a motion to approve the Operating permit for well 1013. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell. Director Michalec amended the motion to change the permit to specifically state ‘event venue’ for the description of commercial use. The motion was passed 4-0-0.
- Application to renew the Operating Permit for District Well No. PW5286. The Permittee, Big Diamond, LLC is requesting 2.6 acre feet annually for public water supply use at 913 SH 46 E, Bergheim. Director Webster made a motion to approve the permit as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Resolution declaring the District’s 2007 Ford F-150 (Vin: 1FTRX14W67KC40739) as salvage and authorize staff to take appropriate action to send the vehicle to auction. GM Voulgaris updated the Board on GovDeals as an option to sell the 2007 Ford F-150. Director Michalec made a motion to sign the resolution as presented by GM Voulgaris to declare the above vehicle as salvage and be sold via GovDeals. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 4- 0-0.
9. District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the District’s
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage
- Meteorological update. Knollhoff provided his update; Projecting slightly above normal temperatures during the spring season. One ET gauge is in operation at John Kight’s location.
- GMA 9. The next meeting will be Monday, April 18, 2016, in Dripping Springs to adopt DFC’s on relevant aquifers.
- Website update. Heath Hoffman provided an update on the new website development. The Board discussed creating a Facebook page to link to the website.
- Hazardous Waste Day Update. Director Webster updated the Board on the conversation’s he’s had with SAWS and other entities. The County Judge is in favor of this type of waste day. The local law enforcement agencies are interested in being involved as well. Director Webster will continue to gather information to make this a feasible event.
- Rulemaking subcommittee update. The subcommittee will reach out to County Commissioner Tommy
- Real property subcommittee update. GM Voulgaris read a letter regarding the office rental space the District uses that was given to the Kendall County Commissioners
- Replacement bumpers for District vehicles. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the purchase of front and rear bumpers and an inverter not to exceed $5,000 coming from the 6215 line item. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Closed Session: Deliberation regarding real property (§551.072). No closed session was held.
- Action relevant to items discussed in closed session. No action.
- No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting will be held, Monday, May 9, 2016
- Adjournment. Director Michalec made a motion to adjourn at 7:36 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
Download Agenda as PDF