THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
September 12, 2016
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. GM Voulgaris led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 3 Directors present. Director Schwab arrived during Item 9.
- Public comment
- Donna Taylor spoke about Mr. Bill Lende’s death. She wanted to inform the Board that the Cibolo Preserve will continue the relationship that Mr. Lende built with Cow Creek GCD.
- Stephanie Lau spoke about rules the District should consider enforcing.
- Mr. Gibbs inquired what District Rules are being revised. District attorney Monique Norman assured Mr. Gibbs that Items 11 and 12 are just opening the conversation of rule revisions.
- Consent Agenda: Item A was pulled as Director Webster was not in attendance at the August 8, 2016 meeting. Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda with the exception of Item A. Director Dietzmann seconded the motion and passed 3-0-Q. The Board revisited the Consent Agenda upon Director Schwab’s arrival. Director Michalec made a motion to approve the August 8, 2016 Regular Meeting Minutes. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 3-0-1 with Director Webster abstaining.
- Approval of minutes from the August st\ 2016 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the August 171 2016 Workshop c. Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing on the 2016-2017 Proposed Budget and 2016 Tax Rate of $0.005 per $100 (one half of one cent per $100 of valuation). Director Michalec opened the public hearing at 6:04 P.M. No comments were made. Director Michalec closed the public hearing at 6:05 P.M.
- Discussion and Adoption of the 2016-2017 Budget. GM Voulgaris introduced the proposed FY 2016-2017 Budget. Director Webster made a motion to approve the proposed budget with $383,338 in total revenues, $368,265 in total expenses and a reserve of $15,072. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 3-0-0.
- Adoption of the 2016 Tax Rate of $0.005 per $100 (one half of one cent per $100 of valuation). Director Dietzmann made a motion to approve the$ 0.005 per $100 Tax Rate for 2016. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-0.
- Adoption of the 2016-2017 Fee Schedule. Director Webster made a motion to approve the fee schedule as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 4-0-0.
- Allocation of designated reserves. Director Dietzmann noted the budget subcommittee met and added a facilities planning line item to begin to accrue for a potential office location based on the tentative nature of the District’s lease of office space with Kendall County. Director Michalec . made a motion to accept the presented designated reserves. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Discussion and possible action to authorize attorney, Monique Norman, to draft proposed revisions to the District’s rules, including required statutory amendments. Ms. Norman spoke on necessary changes in the Districts Rules due to legislative changes. In addition, she would like to open it up to a more in depth analysis of the current District Rules. Director Michalec made a motion to authorize Monique Norman to open up the rules. Director Webster made an amendment to the motion to authorize Monique Norman to assist in rule changes, collaborating with the Board and staff, as well as, to address District Operating Permits. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 4-0-0.
- Executive Session: Texas Government Code §551.071- to seek or receive attorney advice on legal matter regarding the proposed revisions to the District’s Rules. The Board moved to closed session 6:58 P.M. The Board returned from closed session at 8:20 P.M.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staffs report.
- Current drought stage. GM Voulgaris recommended moving to ‘Year Round Best Management Practices’. Director Michalec made a motion to move to ‘Year Round Best Management Practices’ from Stage 1. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Meteorological update. Mr. Knollhoff provided his update.
- GMA 9. GM Voulgaris noted he received a call from TWDB stating they didn’t have a way to distribute among the smaller aquifers, thus they’ve used a uniformed pumping rate for the modeling.
- Subcommittee updates. The Operating Permit Subcommittee hasn’t received any updated information from KWU.
- 2016 Texas Hydro-Geo Workshop. The event will take place the 1st weekend of October at Cave Without a Name.
- Region L Inter-Local funding agreement. Director Dietzmann noted the Directors have been provided the inter-local agreement.
- Lease Agreement 2016-2017. GM Voulgaris presented the Board with the District’s lease agreement with Kendall County. The only change from year prior will be a 60 day notification period down from 90 days. Director Webster made a motion to accept the lease agreement as presented and approved by Kendall County Commissioner’s Court. The motion was seconded by Director Dietzmann and passed 4-0-0.
- EAA Water Forum. The EAA Water Forum contacted GM Voulgaris to see if the District would be interested in sponsoring the Edwards Aquifer Conservancy. The Board discussed not being interested in supporting the efforts.
- Correspondence. None entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Tuesday, October 11, 2016.
- Adjournment. Director Michalec made a motion to adjourn. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF