THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
September 10, 2018
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer) – VACANT
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Heath Hoffman led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with four Directors present.
- Public comment.
- Denise Dever – Ms. Dever said she had a well ‘go dry’ on Silent Spring and feels like the permit for Hill Country Daily Bread sets a bad precedence. She’s been working on facts and figures regarding the proposed Kendall Gateway and had some handouts for the Board and public.
- Public Hearing on the proposed 2018-2019 Budget. Director Michalec opened the Public Hearing on the proposed 2018-2019 Budget at 6:06 P.M. No comment was offered. Director Michalec closed the Public Hearing at 6:07 P.M.
- Public Hearing on the proposed 2018 Tax Rate. Director Michalec opened the Public Hearing on the proposed 2018 Tax Rate at 6:07 P.M. No comment was offered. The Public Hearing was closed at 6:08 P.M.
- Adoption of the 2018 -2019 Budget. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the FY 18-19 Budget as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Adoption of the 2018 Tax Rate. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the 2018 Tax Rate. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom and passed 4-0-0.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the August 13th, 2018 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Application for a new well Operating Permit. The Applicant, Hill Country Daily Bread is requesting 3 acre feet annually for irrigation of landscape at 38 Cascade Caverns Road. Board may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney-client matters §551.071. GM Voulgaris provided an update on the applicant’s request. The City of Boerne provided the District with a letter objecting to the request to drill a well within their service area. Per the District’s enabling legislation and rules, the District no longer has to act upon the permit now that the City of Boerne objects to the drilling of the well.
- Pamela Brockley – Ms. Brockley with Cascade Caverns noted the numbers that Hill Country Daily Bread is requesting is ‘ludacris’
- Andy McCall – Mr. McCall wanted to know if the Board needed to vote on the subject. Monique Norman, the District’s attorney, informed him the application is no longer administratively complete, thus there is no action in front of the Board at this time.
- Request for relief from Rule 5.4.C. by Hydro Resources for 107 Spring Lane in Kendalia, TX. Heath Hoffman provided the Board with an overview of the variance request. The well was not completed in compliance with Rule 5.4. Hydro Resources provided information about how they completed the well. Director Michalec made a motion to deny the variance. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom. Director Bloxsom amended his motion to allow 60 days to get the well completed in compliance to the District’s satisfaction and passed 4-0-0. If a new well is required, no additional permit fees will be required.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. No update.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 3.
- Subcommittee updates. The Operating Permit subcommittee will continue to work on protocols and creating a working system for the committee to go forward with.
- Kendall Gateway Study. Director Michalec shared a letter regarding caves and re-charge features that could be impacted from the Kendall Gateway. Director Michalec would like to make a formal request to the speleological society to learn about recharge features in the area, even beyond the Kendall Gateway.
- Update and possible action on the New Office Building at the #9 Toepperwein property. The project is moving along nicely. Director Campbell made a motion to move forward with the Security One security system installation out of line item 6300. The motion was seconded by director and passed 4-0-0.
- Bobby Schwab resignation letter. Monique Norman provided the Board with an explanation of the legality of Bobby Schwab as a hold over Director until a replacement has been appointed or elected.
- Kendall Gateway Project Letter.
- Texas Speleological Society Letter.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The CCGCD Board of Directors will hold a Regular Meeting Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Webster made a motion to adjourn at 7:05 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF