THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
May 9, 2016
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President) Bob Webster-District 1 (Secretary)
“Bob by ‘ Schwab- District 3 (Treasurer)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:02 P.M.
- Pledge of Director Webster led the attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with five directors present.
- Public comment. No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the consent agenda as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0
- Approval of minutes from the April 11th, 2016 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Tabled at the April 11th, 2016 Regular Meeting: Request for relief. Thomas J. Juern is requesting a variance from District Rule 10.4 at 106 Live Oak Pass. Juem gave a brief explanation of what he is interested in doing with his two lots in Skyview Acres. Director Campbell made a motion for district staff to provide Mr. Juem a letter stating that lot 134 can still receive a well as long as all the county requirements on lot size are met. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 5-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staffs monthly
- Current drought The District will remain in Drought Stage 1.
- Meteorological Mr. Knollhoff gave an update on the ET Gauges purchased by the District and the first preliminary data collected at Mr. Kight’s gauge.
- GMA 9. The DFC’s were adopted and are awaiting approval from TWDB. Region L is looking for additional funding.
- Website update. Rudkin Productions is still working on the interactive map. Some test links have been provided for the Board to review. A Facebook page will be created which will be the linked to the website.
- Hazardous Waste Day Update. Director Webster provided an update on the Hazardous Waste Day. Electronics, batteries, light bulbs, motor oil, tires, drugs, pesticides, paint, are some of the items to possibly be collected. The District would like to partner with Kendall County and the City of Boerne. Director Webster can present hard numbers if the District wants to move forward. A date in October was mentioned as a potential waste day.
- Rulemaking subcommittee No update.
- Real property subcommittee No update.
- Closed Session: Deliberation regarding real property (§551.072). A closed session was not held.
- Action relevant to items discussed in closed session. No Action.
- Correspondence. No Correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. Director Dietzmann requested adding Region L funding as a Board topic at the next The Patrick Heath Library is hosting an electric car day Saturday, May 14, 2016 from 10:00 A.M. -2:00 P.M. at which the District will have a table.
- Adjournment. Director Michalec made a motion to adjourn at 7:10 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0.
Download Agenda as PDF