THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
May 8, 2023
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:00 PM.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Michalec
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established will 5 out of 5 directors present.
- Public comment: No comments.
- Consent Agenda: Motion by Director Michalec to approve, seconded by Director Webster. Approved 5-0.
- Approval of minutes from the April 10th, 2023 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Discussion and possible action related to legislative activity in the 88th Regular Legislative Session and legislative update from Legal Counsel.: Attorney Monique Norman gave an update on legislative activity.
- Discussion and action related to continuing aquifer research projects with the District’s consultant, Advanced Groundwater Solutions, LLC.
- District activities & subcommittee updates
- Monthly report: General Manager Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s monthly report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining in Stage 3.
- Subcommittee updates
- GMA 9
- Region L: Director Campbell gave an update.
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project: GM Voulgaris shared with the board an invitation to bid prepared by our attorney.
- Camp Bullis Sentinel Landscape Project
- Discussion and action related to engaging a new auditor for the District.: A request for proposal (RFP) will be sent out.
- Discussion and action related to updating the District’s Management Plan.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: Workshop scheduled for Monday, June 12th at 4:00 PM. Next Board Meeting is scheduled for Monday, June 12th at 6:00 PM.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:32 PM.
Download as PDF