THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
May 13, 2019
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Eldredge led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
- Public comment. No comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda less Item B. Director Campbell seconded the motion which passed 5-0-0. Director Campbell made a motion to approve Consent Agenda Item B. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-1, with Director Bloxsom abstaining as he was not in attendance.
- Approval of minutes from the April 9th, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the April 29th, 2019 Special Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. No Update.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in ‘Year-Round Best Management Practices.’
- Subcommittee updates/Rulemaking. GM Voulgaris gave a brief update on the GMA 9 meeting he attended in Bee Cave in April.
- Management Plan. GM Voulgaris would like to schedule a workshop to work on the management plan.
- Discussion and action on SB1170 and HB1806 of the 86th Texas Legislature. Director Michalec gave an update on the bills.
- 2019 Legislative update. District Attorney Monique Norman spoke on the current legislative session which is set to close on May 27, 2019.
- Discussion and action on assessing/approving purchase of audio/video equipment for public broadcast of District Board Meetings. Director Eldredge gave an update on the purchase of broadcasting equipment. Director Campbell made a motion to proceed with the purchase and installation of the audio/visual equipment with a cost not to exceed $1,000.00. Director Webster seconded the motion which passed 5-0-0.
- Correspondence. No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, June 10, 2019 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Bloxsom made a motion to adjourn at 6:44 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF