THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
June 13, 2022
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:01 PM.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Campbell.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 3 out of 5 directors present.
- Public comment: Denise Dever via zoom commented on the need to move to Stage 3 Drought Restrictions. Mentioned educating the public in water usage and conservation.
- Consent Agenda: Motion made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 3-0-2.
- Approval of minutes from the May 16th, 2022 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: GM Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s report.
- Current drought stage: Staff recommends moving to Stage 3. Motion made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 3-0-2.
- Subcommittee updates: Director Ben Eldredge via zoom, discussed National Fish and Wildlife grant to conduct a study of the natural resources of the region and creating a protection area to determine the most important areas for conservation. Require providing a letter endorsing this effort. Application needs to be submitted by mid-July.
- GMA 9: GMA 9 meeting on June 21st at 10 AM.
- Region L: N/A
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project: N/A
- Discussion and action on authorizing the General Manger to work with legal counsel to draft an RFQ and an interlocal agreement for the GMA 9 Joint Planning Subcommittee: GM Voulgaris requests to work with legal counsel to go over an interlocal agreement, cost would to be split between the districts in GMA 9. Motion made by Director Webster to authorize, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 3-0-2.
- Discussion and action relative to budget workshops for the upcoming 2022-2023 District budget.: Budget Workshop scheduled for Monday, July 11th at 4:00 PM.
- Correspondence: Operating Permit Application from KCWCID#1, sent notice of deficiencies, received response addressing deficiencies.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topic: Budget Workshop scheduled for Monday, July 11th at 4:00 PM. Next Board Meeting scheduled for Monday, July 11th, at 6:00 PM.
- Adjournment: Meeting adjourned at 6:47 PM
Download as PDF