THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
June 11, 2018
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:01 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. GM Voulgaris led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with four directors present. Director Bloxsom was not in attendance.
- Public comment. No comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to accept Consent Agenda Item A. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0. Director Campbell made a motion to approve Consent Agenda Item B. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-1 with Director Schwab abstaining. Director Schwab made a motion to approve Consent Agenda Item C. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-1 with Director Campbell abstaining as he was not in attendance. Director Campbell made a motion to approve Consent Agenda Items D, E and F. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the May 14th, 2018 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the May 23rd, 2018 Special Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the June 6th, 2018 Workshop
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Application for a new well Operating Permit for well IW8016. The Applicant, Hayden Williams is requesting 17.3 acre feet annually for irrigation of coastal hay at 609 Walnut Grove Road North. GM Voulgaris provided the Board with an overview of the application and property. Staff recommendation is 1.6 acre feet for 8.5 acres of irrigated property to reach 13.6 acre feet annually. Director Campbell made a motion to approve 13.6 acre feet with an additional allocation of 131,400 gallons annually for residential use. Mr. Williams will be granted 30 days to work with GM Voulgaris to update the drought contingency plan to get the application administratively complete. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Approve the bid and authorize the General Contract for a New Office Building at the #9 Toepperwein property. In compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Annotated the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District Board may meet in executive session for deliberation regarding real property (§551.072). Mr. Woodring with JM Lowe spoke on how the company would like to still be included as the District selects the submitted bid and contractor. JM Lowe indicated that the lowest bidder did not follow the bid package requirements and thus should be eliminated as a contender. Director Schwab made a motion to table Agenda Item 7. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 4-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. No update.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 2.
- GMA 9 update. No update.
- Management Plan. No update.
- Subcommittee updates. Operating Permit subcommittee will meet in the near future to discuss and access the back log of applications that have been submitted but have not been issued.
- Correspondence. No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. A Special Meeting will be held Friday, June 15, 2018 at 11:00 A.M.
- Adjournment. Director Michalec made a motion to adjourn at 7:17 P.M. Director Webster seconded the motion and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF