THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
July 9, 2018
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Webster led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 directors present. Director Schwab was not in attendance.
- Public comment. Jeff Thompson noted he will be attending more CCGCD Board Meetings.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to amend Consent Agenda Item A, the June 11, 2018 Regular Meeting Minutes, to state that Director Bloxsom was in attendance. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0. Director Campbell made a motion to approve Consent Agenda Item B. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0. Director Campbell made a motion to approve Consent Agenda Items C, D, and E. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the June 11th, 2018 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the June 15th, 2018 Special Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Election of Officers. Director Webster made a motion to nominate Director Michalec as President, Director Webster as Vice President, Director Campbell as Treasurer, Director Bloxsom as Secretary. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Update and possible action on the New Office Building at the #9 Toepperwein property. Director Campbell updated the Board on the status of the project and informed the Board that GM Voulgaris has signed the contract with Tisdale Construction. Excavation has started on the project. Director Webster noted he would like to get a construction schedule to see the project’s timeline and fee schedule.
- Hill Country Alliance presentation to request Cow Creek GCD sponsorship of 2018 Hill Country Living and Rainwater Revival. Daniel Oppenheimer with Hill Country Alliance wanted to thank the District for allowing them to use and adapt the Water: Yours Mine and Ours manual to a document they are now using for the Pedernales River Basin. Mr. Oppenheimer requested support of the Rainwater Revival at the $2,500.00 sponsorship level. Director Campbell made a motion to support the Rainwater Revival and Festival at the Cats and Dogs level of sponsorship ($2,500.00). The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 4-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. Heath Hoffman provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. Heath Hoffman read Dave Knollhoff’s meteorological update dated July 2, 2018.
- Current drought stage. Director Campbell made a motion to move to Drought Stage 3. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Correspondence. Hydro-Geo Workshop is set to be held again October 5-7, 2018 at Cave Without a Name.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, August 13, 2018 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Campbell made a motion to adjourn at 6:59 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF