THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
July 18, 2023
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
- Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 6:01 PM.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Campbell.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 4 out of 5 directors present.
- Public comment: Sarah Ledlow has concerns over new wells and development in Waring. Elaine Cashion stated she had her well lowered 3-4 years ago, wants the Greco development in Waring to abide by current county and gcd rules. Earl Fisher asked how many new wells have been approved in Waring. Mr. Fisher also wanted to know who has oversite of the CCGCD Board of Directors.
- Consent Agenda: Motion by Director Campbell to approve, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 4-0.
- Approval of minutes from the May 8th, 2023 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the May 8th, 2023 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Consideration of a New Well Operating Permit Application. The Applicant, Kendall County WCID #1 is requesting 20.822 acre-feet annually on 26.028 acres located at 1212 5th Street in Comfort, Texas. The proposed use is Public Water Supply/Retail Water Utility to serve approximately 75 single family residential connections.: General Manager Micah Voulgaris recommends approval. Motion by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Michalec. Approved 3-0-1.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: GM Voulgaris presented the staff’s monthly report.
- Current drought stage: Motion by Director Campbell to move to Stage 4, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 4-0.
- Subcommittee updates
- GMA 9
- Region L
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project: GM Voulgaris and Director Michalec are continuing discussions with Commissioner Wisian. Director Eldredge will work on a social media post to attract attention for a monitor well.
- Camp Bullis Sentinel Landscape Project: Director Eldredge gave an update on new funding.
- Discussion and possible action on the 2023-2024 District Budget process.: A budget workshop will be scheduled for Monday, August 14th at 4:oo PM.
- Discussion and action related to a letter in support of Water Is Alive, a 501c3 focused on natural solutions to environmental contamination.: Director Michalec gave a brief discussion on the project and it’s results.
- Discussion and action related to engaging a new auditor for the District.: Continue to submit RFQ for an auditor.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: A budget workshop is scheduled for Monday, August 14th at 4:00 PM. The next board meeting is scheduled for Monday, August 14th at 6:00 PM.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 7:23 PM.
Download as PDF