THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
July 11, 2022
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:02 PM.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Richard Elkins
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 3 out of 5 Directors present.
- Public comment: Mike Medley had a question about a monitor well in Joshua Crossing.
- Consent Agenda: Motion to approve all but 5(a) made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 3-0-2.
- Approval of minutes from the June 13th, 2022 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Application to amend the Kendall County Water Control and Improvement District #1 (KCWCID #1) operating permit. The permittee is requesting authorization to drill new District well no. PW8900 on 7.119 acres (Comfort Outlot 55A-1) located on Nort Creek Road in Comfort, TX. The Permittee is requesting 28,420 gallons per day for Public Water System and Retail Water Utility use. The total permitted annual maximum production for KCWCID #1 will not be increased.: General Manager Micah Voulgaris recommends approval of amendment to KCWCID #1 Operating Permit. Motion to approve made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Michalec. Approved 3-0-2.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: General Manager Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s monthly report.
- Current drought stage: Remaining in Stage 3.
- Subcommittee updates: Education Subcommittee recommends more signage, e-mails, and bulk mailers to notify the public of the drought stages.
- GMA 9: GM Voulgaris gave an update on the June 21st meeting. Next meeting is August 15th.
- Region L: N/A
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project: N/A
- Correspondence: Director Eldredge has written a letter to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation expressing the CCGCD’s support of advancing land conservation in the Camp Bullis Sentinel Landscape
- Future meeting dates and meeting topic: Budget Workshop scheduled for August 2nd at 4:00 PM. Next Board Meeting scheduled for August 8th at 6:00 PM.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 6:59 PM
Download as PDF