THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
February 13, 2017
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting and Public Hearing in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Directors Absent: N/A
- Call to Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Director Schwab led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
- Public No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Dietzmann made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda as The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-1 with Director Campbell abstaining as he was not in attendance at the January meetings.
- Approval of minutes from the January 9th, 2017 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the January 9th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing on Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District Rules proposed on January 9th 2017. The public hearing opened at 6:04 P.M. John Kight offered comments. The public hearing closed at 6:20 P.M.
- Possible action on the proposed Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District Director Schwab made a motion to adopt the presented rules outlined and reviewed by counsel. Director Dietzmann seconded the motion and noted the comments offered by John Kight will be reviewed and discussed with counsel upon the next rulemaking session. The motion passed 5-0-0 . GM Voulgaris read the Order which will be signed by Director Michalec
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. No update.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in ‘Year Round Best Management Practices’.
- GMA 9. GM Voulgaris attended a meeting on February 6, 2017. Each District individually will need to adopt the DFC’s GMA 9 has adopted. The District’s Management Plan and District Rules will need to be updated to reflect the adopted DFC’s.
- Subcommittee updates. The Rules Subcommittee would like to sit down with the Kendall County Commissioner’s Court Rules Subcommittee to discuss aligning their rules with the rulemaking sessions.
- Resolution adopting the proposed Desired Future Conditions for the aquifers located within the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District. GM Voulgaris read the resolution regarding the Desired Future Conditions within the District’s boundaries. Director Webster made a motion to adopt the presented resolution. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-1-0 with Director Schwab in opposition.
- Executive Session: Texas Government Code §551.072 – deliberation regarding real property. The Board moved into Executive Session at 6:57 P.M. The Board moved out of Executive Session at 7:24 P.M.
- Action relevant to items discussed in closed session. Director Campbell made a motion to waive the District’s first right of refusal at 221 Water Street. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 5-0-0. Director Campbell made a motion to authorize the Property Subcommittee and Staff to present an offer for the discussed property for a price not to exceed $350,000 to also be reviewed by the district’s attorney. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 5-0-0.
- Correspondence. GM Voulgaris presented information regarding River Mountain Ranch’s Home Owners Association.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be March 13, 2017.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 7:39 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF