THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
April 11, 2022
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 6:01 PM
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Campbell
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 4 out of 5 directors present.
- Public comment: No public comment.
- Consent Agenda: Motion to approve made by Director Webster, seconded by Director Campbell. Approved 4-0-1.
- Approval of minutes from the March 14th, 2022 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: GM Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s report.
- Current drought stage: Motion made by Director Campbell to move to Drought Stage 2, seconded by Director Webster. Approved 4-0-1.
- Subcommittee updates: Proposed changes to rules 3 and 10.
- GMA 9: Meeting in Wimberly April 12th.
- Region L: N/A
- Groundwater protection: Geary Shindel working with Bexar Grotto asked Cow Creek GCD to donate funds to help clean out a cavern/grotto/hole in the ground.
- Discussion and action on providing funds for a sinkhole cleanup project with the Bexar Grotto: Motion made by Director Campbell to approve up to $500 for a roll off dumpster, seconded by Director Webster. Approved 4-0-1.
- Update on the Trinity Aquifer Groundwater Availability Study in Kendall County, AGS, LLC, James Beach P.G.: James Beach discussed the study via zoom call.
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project: ARPA funds are available to se for a monitor well, the district has not found anyone interested in participating. GM Voulgaris will check with TxDot to put a monitor well in a right-of-way.
- The District will review the submitted Request for Qualifications to provide Consulting Services, Custom Programming and Integration Services Related to a Water Well Management System
- Declare obsolete office equipment as salvage to be sold in auction: Motion made by Director Campbell, seconded by Director Webster. Approved 4-0-1.
- Correspondence: Notice for Groundwater: Planning for the future meeting in Wimberly on Tuesday, April 12th at 5:30 PM at the Wimberley Community Center.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topic: Special Session Scheduled for Tuesday, April 19th at 6: PM. Board Meeting scheduled for the third Monday of the month, May 16th at 6:00 PM.
Download as PDF