THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
April 10, 2023
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allan P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldredge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 6:02 PM.
- Pledge of Allegiance: Led by Director Ben Eldredge.
- Establishment of a Quorum: A quorum was established with 5 out of 5 directors present.
- Public comment: No public comment.
- Consent Agenda: Motion from Director Campbell to approve item a, seconded by Director Eldredge. Approved 3-0-2. Motion from Director Campbell to approve items b through e, seconded by Director Bloxsom. Approved 5-0.
- Approval of minutes from the March 20th, 2023 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the March 20th, 2023 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses, and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report: General Manager Micah Voulgaris presented the staff’s monthly report.
- Current drought stage: Motion from Director Campbell to move to Drought Stage 4, seconded by Director Eldredge. Motion failed 2-3. Remaining in Stage 3.
- Subcommittee updates: Nothing to report.
- GMA 9: Next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 25th at 10 AM.
- Region L: Nothing to report.
- District Monitor Well Expansion Project: Attorney Monique Norman will draft an RFP for the county to see how we will choose drilling companies.
- Camp Bullis Sentinel Landscape Project: Director Eldredge gave an update on the project. CBSL is looking for federal funding and a support letter from our district.
- Discussion and possible action related to legislative activity in the 88th Regular Legislative Session.: Executive Session from 6:57 PM to 8:49 PM.
- Discussion and action related to engaging a new auditor for the District.: Attorney Monique Norman will draft an RFP for a new auditor.
- Correspondence: No correspondence.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics: Rulemaking Workshop is scheduled for Monday, May 8th at 4:00 PM. Next board meeting is scheduled for Monday, May 8th at 6:00 PM.
- Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 8:58 PM.
Download as PDF