THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
November 13, 2017
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Directors Present: Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Directors Absent: R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Campbell led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 directors present. Director Schwab was not in attendance.
- Public comment. No comment offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda except for Item 5b. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 3-0-1, with Director Campbell abstaining as he was not in attendance at that meeting. Item 5b will be revisited at the December 11, 2017 Regular Meeting.
- Approval of minutes from the October 10th, 2017 Workshop
- Approval of minutes from the October 10th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the November 2nd, 2017 Workshop
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. Mr. Knollhoff predicts above average temperatures and below average rainfall amounts.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 2.
- GMA 9 update. No update.
- Subcommittee updates. No update
- Update on #9 Toepperwein Road. The Board will have another workshop with Peter Lewis in December.
- Rulemaking. A public notice will be posted on November 21, 2017 in The Boerne Star. A Public Hearing will be held Monday, December 11, 2017 at which time new rules may be adopted.
- Correspondence. Director Michalec informed the Board of a letter the District received from Dale J Goree regarding Vulcan Concrete. Mr. Allan Bloxsom has requested information regarding running for a position on the CCGCD Board of Directors.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The Board will hold a Workshop with Peter Lewis on Monday, December 11, 2017 at 3:00 P.M. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, December 11, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Dietzmann made a motion to adjourn. The motion was seconded Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF