THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
March 9, 2015
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann -At Large (Vice President) Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. GM Voulgaris led attendees in the Pledge of
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors
- Public comment. Commissioner Pfeiffer spoke in his interest to increase well density requirements and working with the Kendall County Commissioner’s Court in doing so.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda with an exception of the January 20, 2015 Public Hearin g. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell passed 4-0-1 with Director Schwab abstaining. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the January 20, 2015 Public Hearing. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 3-0-2 with Director Webster and Direc tor Dietzmann
- Approval of minutes from the February 9, 2015 Regular Meeting and the January 20, 2015 Public Hearing
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Rulemaking update. The Board of Directors will hold a rulemaking workshop on April 13, 2015 at 4:00 M.
- Operating Permit Subcommittee. GM Voulgaris would like to set up a reoccurring meeting with the Operating Permit Subcommittee of Director Campbell and Director Michalec. A tentative date of the last business day of the month has been established.
- District activities:
- Monthly GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.Current drought The District will remain in Drought Stage 2.
- GMA Blanton and Associates gave an overview of the Explanatory Report.
- Watershed Stewardship Initiative update. No update.
- Website updates. All Director Biographies have been submitted. Heath, Director Campbell and Director Webster will meet on Thursday, March 19 th at 4:00 P.M. to discuss website layouts and additions.
- Kendall Soil and Water Conservation District is hosting a local work group meeting on March 12, 2015 at 8:00 A.M. in the Kendall County Courthouse. GM Voulgaris mentioned it may be postponed. Kendall Appraisal District sent a letter regarding the outstanding taxes owed on a property within the District; GM Voulgaris will add it to next month’s agenda.
- Future meeting dates and meeting A rulemaking workshop is scheduled for April 13, 2015 at 4:00 P.M. The next meeting of CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, April 13, 2015 at 6:00 P.M. At the April Board Meeting, a real estate subcommittee will be appointed.
- Director Schwab a motion to adjourn at 6:57 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
Download Agenda as PDF