THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
March 13, 2017
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer) – arrived during agenda item 4 (public comment)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
- Call to Order. Director Dietzmann called the meeting to order at 6:05 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Campbell led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 3 directors present. Director Schwab arrived during Agenda Item 4 (Public Comment).
- Public comment.
- Mr. Lewis – commented on Supplemental Agenda Item 6(g). Mr. Lewis sited the House Bill 3677 that seeks to dissolve CCGCD and noted he is against the Heart of Texas Aquifer District. Mr. Lewis is in support of CCGCD and will be a proponent of writing Kendall County’s State Representative.
- Mr. Fowler is completely against House Bill 3677 seeking the dissolution of CCGCD. Mr. Fowler recommended hiring someone to fight it.
- Mr. Cook representing Mira Lomas gave a project update. The Mira Lomas project is collaborating with KWU to use their transmission line to reach the lines created by Mira Lomas.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the February 13th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such.
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris presented the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. No update.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in ‘Year Round Best Management Practices.’
- Briefing on new/proposed developments. Senate Bill 914 is a bill to create KCWCID#3 which will not use any groundwater. Pleasant Valley Business Park has submitted an Operating Permit Application with the District.
- GMA 9. The next GMA 9 meeting will be on March 27, 2017 in Dripping Springs.
- Subcommittee updates. District Staff will meet with Don Allee, Rick Tobolka, Richard Elkins, and Tommy Pfeiffer on March 28, 2017 to work on rule changes.
- Discussion and possible action on engaging a legislative consultant for the 85th Texas Legislature Session. GM Voulgaris recommended creating a legislative subcommittee. Director Dietzmann and Director Schwab will serve on that subcommittee. GM Voulgaris provided the information he has regarding House Bill 3677. GM Voulgaris noted that the Bill was possibly not posted with proper notice. Director Dietzmann and GM Voulgaris will meet with the GCD’s cited in HB3677 on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 in Johnson City. Director Webster made a motion to work with Kendall County Attorney, Don Allee, to send a letter to Kendall County’s House Representative Kyle Biedermann to challenge the Bill. The motion was seconded by Director Schwab and passed 4-0-0. The District will meet on March 20, 2017 at 5:00 P.M.to discuss any new legislative developments.
- Executive Session: Texas Government Code §551.072 – deliberation regarding real property. The District moved into Executive Session at 7:07 P.M. The Board moved out of Executive Session at 7:21 P.M.
- Action relevant to items discussed in closed session. No action.
- Correspondence. No correspondence entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The Board of Directors will meet Monday, March 20, 2017 at 5:00 P.M. regarding the current legislative session and Miralomas Project. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, April 10, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Schwab made a motion to adjourn at 7:32 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF