THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
February 10, 2020
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Michalec led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 5 directors present.
- Public comment. No comment was offered.
- Presentation on funding made available through Proposition 8 and SB 7, Larry Bailey, Water Policy Advisor for Representative Biedermann. Mr. Bailey spoke to the Board on current available funding, creating coalitions and other water related items.
- Discussion on water planning for the City of Boerne, Mayor Tim Handren. Mr. Handren spoke about water in the City of Boerne. He would like to get a committee together to include CCGCD to work towards planning Boerne and Kendall County’s future water needs.
- Meteorological update and presentation on CCGCD Evapotranspiration research, Dave Knollhoff. Mr. Knollhoff shared with the Board his research in evapotranspiration. CCGCD would like to use the evapotranspiration research to eventually have that data to use in assisting in drought stage tracking and triggers.
- The Board took a 5 minute recess from 7:44 PM to 7:49 PM
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-1 with Director Bloxsom abstaining.
- Approval of minutes from the January 13th, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the District’s monthly report.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in Drought Stage 1.
- Cyber Security Training. The Board and Staff will need to be trained in Cyber Security, which will need to be done at a Board of Directors Workshop.
- PFIA Training. A member of the Board or staff must be trained.
- Kendall County Development Rules update. The County has a consultant helping them with rules. They will bring CCGCD into the equation in the next couple months.
- Starr County GCD update. GM Voulgaris updated the Board on the recommendations for Starr County from the panel he has been working with.
- KCWCID #3 update. Director Michalec informed the Board on conversations he’s had with the City of Boerne regarding KCWCID #3.
- Proposed Guadalupe sand and gravel quarry. Director Webster updated the Board on some property near the Guadalupe River that was set to be purchased by a quarry developer. The sale of that property was halted, and the land was then purchased by a conservationist.
- Update and action on rainwater harvesting system for the District Office. GM Voulgaris updated the Board on the status of the rainwater harvesting system and current needs.
- Declare the District’s old Dell PowerEdge sc1420 Server as salvage. Director Campbell made a motion to declare the Server as salvage. The motion was seconded by Director Bloxsom and passed 5-0-0.
- Correspondence. GM Voulgaris informed the Board on Management Plan correspondence with TWDB.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The Board’s next Regular Meeting will be Monday, March 9, 2020 on 6:00 P.M. Director Campbell and Director Eldredge will work with the City of Boerne on water planning.
- Adjournment. Director Webster made a motion to adjourn at 8:37 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 5-0-0.
Download as PDF