Notice of an Open Meeting of the
Groundwater Management Area 9 Joint Planning Committee
Monday, December 14, 2020 at 9:00 AM
Please use the following link to register for the meeting:
Join by phone at +1-408-418-9388 with access code: 132 644 0246
Notice is hereby given that the groundwater conservation districts located wholly or partially within Groundwater Management Area (GMA) 9, as designated by the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB), consisting of Bandera County River Authority and Ground Water District, Barton Springs/Edwards Aquifer Conservation District, Blanco-Pedernales Groundwater Conservation District, Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District, Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District, Headwaters Groundwater Conservation District, Medina County Groundwater Conservation District, Southwestern Travis County Groundwater Conservation District, and the Trinity-Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District will hold a Joint Planning meeting at 9:00 AM on Monday, December 14, 2020.
Notice is hereby given that, in accordance with Governor Abbott’s March 16, 2020, action to temporarily suspend certain provisions of the Texas Open Meetings Act, a GMA 9 Joint Planning Meeting will be held via telephone and video conference call beginning at 9:00 AM on Monday, December 14, 2020. Any member of the public who wishes to participate remotely may do so through the remote access options provided above. If you have any difficulties in registering for this meeting, please contact Robert Ryan at email@example.com or at (512) 694-7823.
Discussion and/or possible action may occur on the following business matters:
- Call to Order.
- Receipt of Posted Meeting Notices.
- Approval of November 18, 2019 GMA 9 Meeting Minutes.
- Texas Water Development Board updates, comments, or communications.
- Individual District updates, comments, or communications if necessary.
- Annual Review of individual GCD Management Plans and the accomplishments of GMA 9 in accordance with Chapter 36.108(c). NOTE: GMA 9 GCDs are required to meet Chapter 36.108(c) requirements and should be prepared to present a short summary of its Management Plan and how it complies with Chapter 36.108(c). Committee members and members of the public are encouraged to conduct individual reviews of each GCD Management Plans prior to the meeting. GMA 9 GCD Management Plans can be found at this website:
Use the index to locate each GCD. Open the desired GCD site and click on the link to the most recent Management Plan to access a PDF copy of their current Plan. The following are the GCDs located within GMA 9:
- Bandera County River Authority and Ground Water District
- Barton Springs/Edwards Aquifer Conservation District
- Blanco-Pedernales Groundwater Conservation District
- Comal Trinity Groundwater Conservation District
- Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District
- Hays Trinity Groundwater Conservation District
- Headwaters Groundwater Conservation District
- Medina County Groundwater Conservation District
- Trinity-Glen Rose Groundwater Conservation District
- Southwestern Travis County Groundwater Conservation District
- Receive report on status of 2022 DFC Joint Planning Cycle, including revised schedule. (consulting team)
- Review and discuss non-relevant aquifer classifications adopted by GMA 9 in last round of DFC Joint Planning and discuss possible revisions. (consulting team)
- Review and discuss DFC statements adopted by GMA 9 in last round of DFC Joint Planning and discuss possible revisions. (consulting team)
- Received presentations on, and discussion of, Texas Water Code §§36.108 (d)(1 – 5) regarding aquifer uses and conditions, State Water Plan water supply needs and water management strategies, hydrological conditions, other environmental impacts, and impact on subsidence factors as they relate to DFC consideration and adoption. (consulting team)
- Consider SWTCGCD request for special consideration regarding funding contributions for GMA 9 2022 DFC Joint Planning Cycle Explanatory Report expenses.
- Consider resolution to amend the boundary between GMA 8 and GMA 9 in Travis County.
- Consider resolution to amend the boundary between GMA 9 and GMA 10 in Hays and Travis counties.
- Public Comment.
- Next meeting date, location, and future agenda items.
Further information, questions, or comments concerning any aspect of this meeting should be directed to:
Mr. Ron Fieseler, GMA 9 Planning Committee Chairman c/o Blanco-Pedenales Groundwater Conservation District 601 West Main, P.O. Box 1516, Johnson City, TX 78636 (830) 868-9196 office, (830) 708-5020 cell, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download Agenda as PDF