THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
October 11, 2016
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:02 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Webster led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 3 directors present. Director Dietzmann and Director Schwab were not in attendance.
- Public comment.
- Mr. Fowler spoke regarding the previously proposed well on Ranch Drive. Mr. Fowler questioned in retrospect of Ranch Drive well application, how the District will learn from this process. He noted that new developers need to pay all costs of test wells and present potential impacts when attempting to drill supply wells. He encouraged the District to do public notification regarding issues such as this through the newspaper, website, a mailer, etc. GM Voulgaris informed Mr. Fowler that Monique Norman, the District’s attorney, is drafting rules that address some of the questions he arose.
- Mr. Sackrider with Westward Environmental wanted to thank the CCGCD Board and Staff for collaborating with them on the Hydro-Geo Workshop at Cave Without a Name.
- Consent Agenda: Item A will be pulled from the Consent Agenda as Director Campbell was not in attendance at the September 12, 2016 Regular Meeting. Director Webster made a motion to approve items B, C and D of the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-0. 1.
- Approval of minutes from the September 12th, 2016 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- State of the District -Annual Report to the Board for FY 2015-2016. GM Voulgaris provided the State of the District report.
- Augmented Reality Sandbox Project – M. Voulgaris. Boerne ISD Science Director Chris Orminston presented information to the Directors regarding the Augmented Reality Sandbox Project. The project is a sandbox tabletop model that’s used to produce a topographic image/elevation model. BISD is looking for funding to assist with costs of building the model. Mr. Tidwell projected costs of building two models of $4,020. Director Webster made a motion to approve funding $4,100 to the Augmented Reality Sandbox Project from line item ‘Education Materials’ to be presented to Boerne ISD. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-0.
- Resolution for approval of the tax levy roll for tax year 2016. Director Campbell made a motion to approve the tax levy roll of $249,441.04 for 2016. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-0.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staffs report.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in ‘Year Round Best Management Practices’
- Meteorological update. Mr. Knollhoff provided his update.
- GMA 9. GM Voulgaris updated the Board on the TWDB request for clarification on the DFC’s for the Ellenburger and San Saba Aquifer. Of the three options presented GM Voulgaris recommended Option 1. Director Webster authorized GM Voulgaris to attend the upcoming GMA 9 Meeting on October 1ih and inform GMA 9 of the District’s selection of Option 1 as presented in packet. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-0.
- Subcommittee updates. Directors Michalec and Webster have met to discuss some rule changes. GM Voulgaris will contact Monique Norman to see the status of the rules.
- 2016 Texas Hydro-Geo Workshop. Jack Sackrider spoke at public comment. The attendees seemed to really enjoy the presentation.
- Executive Session: Texas Government Code §551.072 – deliberation regarding real property. The Board moved to Executive Session at 7:05 P.M. The Board returned from Executive Session at 7:42 P.M.
- Action relevant to items discussed in closed session. The Board will meet on Monday, October 19, 2016 for a Special Meeting at 5:00 P.M.
- Correspondence. GM Voulgaris attended an EAA meeting at The Pearl with Velma Danielson.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The Board of Directors will hold a Special Meeting on October 19, 2016 at 5:00 P.M. The next Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors will be Monday, November 14, 2016 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Michalec made a motion to adjourn at 7:49 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-0.
Download as PDF