THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
May 8, 2017
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Directors Present: Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Directors Absent: Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
- Call to Order. Director Dietzmann called the meeting to order at 6:06 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. Director Campbell led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 directors present.
- Public comment. No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the April 10th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. Heath Hoffman provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. Kendall County is experiencing near normal rainfall.
- Current drought stage. The District will remain in ‘Year Round Best Management Practices.’
- GMA 9. No update.
- Subcommittee updates. Director Campbell spoke about the Hydro-Geo Workshop which will be held at Cave Without a Name. Director Campbell spoke on constructing a rainwater collection demonstration to be placed on a building for educational purposes.
- Discussion and possible action on bills filed with the 85th Texas Legislature that affect the District. Attorney Monique Norman has been updating the District via email on legislative activity.
- Executive Session: Texas Government Code §551.072 – deliberation regarding real property. The Board moved into Executive Session at 7:07 P.M. The Board returned from Executive Session at 7:32 P.M.
- Action relevant to real property items discussed in closed session. The District will move forward on the closing of 9 Toepperwein Road on May 19, 2017 with payment to Kendall County Abstract not to exceed $350,000 from the Texas Heritage Money Market account. Director Dietzmann, Director Schwab and GM Voulgaris will be at the closing.
- Correspondence. No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The Board of Directors will hold a Workshop on May 23, 2017 at 4:00P.M. The next Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors on June 12, 2017 at 6:00 P.M.
- Adjournment. Director Campbell made a motion to adjourn at 7:50 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF