THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
June 12, 2017
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President)
Don Dietzmann – At Large (Vice President)
- Call to Order. Director Webster called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M. Director Webster made a motion to recommend Director Schwab to run the meeting. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-0.
- Pledge of Allegiance. GM Voulgaris led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 3 directors present.
- Public comment. No comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the May 8th, 2017 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the May 23rd, 2017 Workshop
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological update. Mr. Knollhoff provided his update.
- Current drought stage. Director Campbell made a motion to move into Drought Stage 1. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 3-0-0.
- GMA 9. No update.
- Subcommittee updates. The Rules Subcommittee will meet Tuesday, July 18, 2017 with Kendall County.
- Rainwater Revival 2017. The Board will hold this item for a future meeting date.
- Request for Qualifications for Architectural Services for the proposed new District office at #9 Toepperwein Road. Director Campbell reviewed the work done on the RFQ process. Director Webster made motion to authorize GM Voulgaris to announce to the public the Request For Qualifications by putting information in the Boerne Star as well as reaching out to quality architects as identified by Staff and Directors. Director Campbell seconded the motion indicating that the approval is with the changes to the RFQ as discussed upon review. The motion passed 3-0-0.
- 4th Annual Texas Hydro~Geo Workshop, Possible sponsorship of the event and a rainwater harvesting demonstration project at the Cave Without a Name. Director Webster made a motion to provide sponsorship not to exceed $2,500 to aid in the construction of a rainwater catchment system which will be built during the Hydro-Geo Workshop allocated from the Education Materials line item. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-0.
- Correspondence. No correspondence entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The Budget Subcommittee will need to convene in July to work on FY17-18. The next Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, July 10, 2017.
- Adjournment. Director Webster made a motion to adjourn at 6:57 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 3-0-0.
Download as PDF