NOTICE OF THE REGULAR MEETING
AND A PUBLIC HEARING
OF THE COW CREEK GROUNDWATER
CONSERVATION DISTRICT KENDALL COUNTY, TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that the regular meeting and a public hearing of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District will be held on Monday the 10th of June, 2019. The meeting and will begin at 6:00 P.M. and will occur in the District Meeting Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas, at which time the following will be discussed and appropriate action taken, pursuant to Chapter 36, Water Code; and pursuant to V.T.C.A. Government Code Section 551, Open Meetings, including all subchapters and sections:
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Public comment
- Consent Agenda:
- Approval of minutes from the May 13th, 2019 Regular Meeting
- Approval of minutes from the May 13th, 2019 workshop
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Public Hearing on proposed amendments to District Rules
- Possible adoption of proposed amendments to District Rules
- Operating Permit Applications:
- Discussion and action on an application for an operating permit for two new wells. The Applicant, Ken Vaught is requesting 41.29 acre feet annually from two wells. The water will be used to for irrigation, domestic and livestock use at 1146 FM 1376 in Sisterdale, TX.
- Discussion and action on an application for an operating permit for a new well. The Applicants, Ralph and Annabelle Lindner are requesting 89.7 acre feet annually from the proposed well. The water will be used to for irrigation use at 47A Old Comfort Road in Comfort, TX.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report
- Meteorological update
- Current drought stage
- Subcommittee updates
- Management Plan
- Presentation on a water quality monitoring system by Eric Filter from Ketos
- 2019 Legislative update
- Discussion and action on paving the remainder of the driveway at the District office.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics
- The District may take a brief recess during the course of the meeting, depending upon the length of the meeting.
- The Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District is committed to compliance with the Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal opportunity for effective communications will be provided upon request. Please contact the District office at 830-816-2504 at least 24 hours in advance if accommodation is needed.
- Citizens who desire to address the Board on any matter may sign up to do so prior to the meeting. Public comments will be received during the Public Comment portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 5 minutes.
- At any time during the meeting and in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Annotated, the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District Board may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney- client matters (§551. 071); deliberation regarding real property (§ 551.072); deliberation regarding prospective gift (§551.073); personnel matters (§551.074); and deliberation regarding security devices (§551.076).
Download Agenda as PDF