THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
July 13, 2020
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the District Board Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas.
Milan J. Michalec – District 2 (President)
Bob Webster – District 1 (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Treasurer)
Ben Eldridge – District 3 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
Allen P. Bloxsom III – At Large (Secretary)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:00 P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. GM Voulgaris led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 directors present.
- Public comment. No comment offered.
- Oath of Office and swearing in of Directors for District 2 and 3, Darlene Herrin, Kendall County Clerk. Darlene Herrin swore in Directors Milan J Michalec for District 2 and Benjamin Eldredge for District 3.
- Election of Officers. Director Michalec made a motion to keep the current positions of each of the Directors. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Consent Agenda: Director Campbell made a motion to approve the consent agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the June 8th, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Operating Permit Application: GM Voulgaris provided an update of the applicant’s requests. Director Michalec made a motion to approve the application as presented. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0
- The applicant, Lazy B Ranch, is requesting 27 acre feet annually for Irrigation use at 124 Delaware Creek Road in Kendall County.
- Variance Request: GM Voulgaris provided the Board an overview of the request. Director Michalec made a motion to approve the request and to also seek legal counsel on rules that will address this type of scenario in the future. Director Eldredge seconded the motion which passed 4-0-0.
- Staff is requesting a variance to Rule 10.4 for well DW8450 at 120 Spring Creek Road. The property is a 3.010 acre tract that was created on May 5, 2011 as a family division which was sold and now does not meet the District’s density requirements.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the staff’s monthly report.
- Meteorological/ET study update, Dave Knollhoff. Dave Knollhoff provided his update.
- Current drought stage. Director Campbell made a motion to move to Stage 2. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Subcommittee Updates. No updates provided.
- GMA 9. GMA 9 cancelled the July 13, 2020 meeting in Kerrville due to restrictions on group gatherings.
- 2020-2021 Budget Planning. Director Campbell and Director Eldredge will begin working as a subcommittee on budget planning.
- Update and action on rainwater harvesting system for the District Office. The District’s rainwater system is fully operational. A few aesthetic items to complete remain and signage items.
- Discussion and action on purchasing a lawn mower for the District. GM Voulgaris updated the Board on the District’s landscaping needs.
- Correspondence. No correspondence was entertained.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. The next meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors will be August 10, 2020. The Board will hold a Budget Workshop at 4:00 P.M. prior to the next regularly scheduled meeting.
- Adjournment. Director Campbell made a motion to adjourn at 6:48 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
Download as PDF