NOTICE OF THE REGULAR MEETING
OF THE COW CREEK GROUNDWATER
CONSERVATION DISTRICT KENDALL COUNTY, TEXAS
All attendees will be required to wear a mask and maintain six feet of social distancing.
NOTICE is hereby given that the regular meeting of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District will be held on Monday the 13th of July 2020. The meeting and will begin at 6:00 P.M. and will occur in the District Meeting Room located at 9 Toepperwein Road, Boerne, Texas, at which time the following will be discussed and appropriate action taken, pursuant to Chapter 36, Water Code; and pursuant to V.T.C.A. Government Code Section 551, Open Meetings, including all subchapters and sections:
- Call to Order
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Establishment of a Quorum
- Public comment
- Oath of Office and swearing in of Directors for District 2 and 3, Darlene Herrin, Kendall County Clerk
- Election of Officers.
- Consent Agenda:
- Approval of minutes from the June 8th, 2020 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Operating Permit Application:
- The applicant, Lazy B Ranch, is requesting 27 acre feet annually for Irrigation use at 124 Delaware Creek Road in Kendall County.
- Variance Request:
- Staff is requesting a variance to Rule 10.4 for well DW8450 at 120 Spring Creek Road. The property is a 3.010 acre tract that was created on May 5, 2011 as a family division which was sold and now does not meet the District’s density requirements.
- District activities & subcommittee updates:
- Monthly report
- Meteorological/ET study update, Dave Knollhoff
- Current drought stage
- Subcommittee Updates
- GMA 9
- 2020-2021 Budget Planning
- Update and action on rainwater harvesting system for the District Office
- Discussion and action on purchasing a lawn mower for the District.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics
- The District may take a brief recess during the course of the meeting, depending upon the length of the meeting.
- The Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District is committed to compliance with the Disabilities Act (ADA). Reasonable accommodations and equal opportunity for effective communications will be provided upon request. Please contact the District office at 830-816-2504 at least 24 hours in advance if accommodation is needed.
- Citizens who desire to address the Board on any matter may sign up to do so prior to the meeting. Public comments will be received during the Public Comment portion of the meeting. Please limit comments to 5 minutes.
- At any time during the meeting and in compliance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Chapter 551, Government Code, Vernon’s Texas Codes, Annotated, the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District Board may meet in executive session for consultation concerning attorney- client matters (§551. 071); deliberation regarding real property (§ 551.072); deliberation regarding prospective gift (§551.073); personnel matters (§551.074); and deliberation regarding security devices (§551.076).
Download Agenda as PDF