THE STATE OF TEXAS
COUNTY OF KENDALL
COW CREEK GROUNDWATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT
January 12, 2015
The Board of Directors of the Cow Creek Groundwater Conservation District (CCGCD) convened the Regular Meeting in the Third Floor Assembly Room of the Kendall County Courthouse located at 201 E. San Antonio Avenue, Boerne, Texas.
Milan Michalec – District 2 (President) Bob Webster – District 1 (Secretary)
Don Dietzmann-At Large (Vice President)
Curt Campbell – District 4 (Asst. Secretary/Treasurer)
R.K. “Bobby” Schwab – District 3 (Treasurer)
- Call to Order. Director Michalec called the meeting to order at 6:0l P.M.
- Pledge of Allegiance. GM Voulgaris led attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Establishment of a Quorum. A quorum was reached with 4 Directors present. Director Schwab was not in attendance.
- Public comment. No public comment was offered.
- Consent Agenda: Director Webster made a motion to approve the Consent Agenda. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
- Approval of minutes from the Decembers 2014 Regular Meeting
- Payroll, employee benefits, operational expenses and payment of such
- Monthly financial report(s)
- Monthly operations report
- Tabled Variance request: Stands tabled until the February 9, 2015 Regular Meeting of the CCGCD Board of Directors.
The Murrays’ at 102 Falcon Crest are requesting relief from District Rule 11. The Murrays’ want to water to establish a proposed lawn and landscape.
- District activities:
- Monthly report. GM Voulgaris provided the District’s monthly report.
- Current drought stage. Director Campbell made a motion to move to Drought Stage 2. The motion was seconded by Director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- GMA 9, Explanatory Report Contract. A meeting was held today and it was decided Edwards Aquifer will be held non relevant. This is the only change to thecurrent contract. Out of the 9 districts GM Voulgaris has received 4 interlocal agreements. Director Campbell made a motion to execute the contract once we have all the signed interlocal agreements. The motion was seconded by director Webster and passed 4-0-0.
- Watershed Stewardship Initiative update. Need a Myths and Truths presentation to provide to TCEQ. This will be applied to workshops that are needed for completion of the
- Website updates. Please provide director biography info by the end of January. Also provide feedback on what you like about any specific websites you visit.
- District employee/Board uniform policy. GM Voulgaris drafted a Uniform Policy. Director Campbell made a motion to adopt the Uniform Policy as presented by GM Voulgaris. There will also be a line item added to the budget labeled Uniforms by moving $1,180 into the operating budget from Reserves. The motion was seconded by Director Michalec and passed 4-0-0.
- Rulemaking discussion and subcommittee creation/assignments. Director Webster and Director Michalec will create the rulemaking subcommittee.
- Closed Session: Deliberation regarding real property (§551.072). The Board moved into closed session at 6:33 P.M. The Board moved out of closed session at 6:43 M.
- Heath received a letter from a constituent thanking him for his service.
- Future meeting dates and meeting topics. January 20, 2015 Special Meeting to adopt the Management Plan revision. GMA 9 will meet Monday, February 9, 2015 at 10:00 A.M. The next meeting of CCGCD Board of Directors will be Monday, February 9, 2015 at 6:00 M.
- Adjournment. Director Webster a motion to adjourn at 6:46 P.M. The motion was seconded by Director Campbell and passed 4-0-0.
Download Agenda as PDF